Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to add up a total in a summary report? Post 302309782 by xiaojesus on Wednesday 22nd of April 2009 10:33:57 PM
Old 04-22-2009
ya all the other function is working fine except the summary part.. any one can help me with it?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print summary or the total disk usage of conf file

hey i want to print the summary or the total disk usage of the configuration files that are in the /etc directory printed in human-readable format. i think i got somewhere right as am using wc *.conf commands but i am unsure how to use to put it in human-readable format with the wc command. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefanere2k9
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse diff output into very detailed & summary report

Hello all; I'll try an explain my dilemma as best I can. But first some background: 1- I am suppose to compare a database to itself before and after changes; basically generate audit trail report. 2- This database contains "RULES" (the id field) that we use for transmitting files. 3 - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to calculate total CPU usage from SAR report?

Hi, I want to calculate the total cpu usage from the sar report. Say for example, Linux 2.6.24-21-generic (blade10) 09/10/2012 04:54:36 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 04:54:37 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitmd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary report csv file

Hello, I have 2 csv files with 4 columns each. file1.csv A, AA, AAA, AAAA B, BB, BBB, BBBB file2.csv C, CC, CCC, CCCC D, DD, DDD, DDDD I would like to use shell commands (sed, awk...) to copy the content of the 2 files (2x4 columns) into a final csv template file. Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inMyZone35
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Summary report

Hi All, Script to meet my requirement might be simpler for UINIX experts.. :) I need to generate an summary report in .txt file using shell script I have Reject directory in Unix server which contains all reject files for three diff categories- Presentation, Chapter and Scene Following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sakthikalluri
3 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)