Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A progress bar in C
Top Forums Programming A progress bar in C Post 302309329 by Zykl0n-B on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 04:05:12 PM
Old 04-21-2009
jim, could you please show me an example with that escape sequences?
i'm can't understand that.

If i am asking is because i really dont find any information about it.

Thank you
Zykl0n-B

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

i am trying to write a script where in it will connect to remote servers and execute remote scripts to fetch some data and ftp it back to a main server. i would like to add a script where it will show some sort of status bar until such time that the expected files have been recieved. something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

progress bar

Hi all, I want to print # like that in a progress bar.. For e.g We can notice that during installation ... but,how to do that? Thnx, sakthi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to have a cp progress bar?

Hi all, This is a reformed post to my earlier ones!!!!!! I would like to know how to include a progress bar while using the cp... I am copying a few huge files from cdrom but am unable to figure out ,how to give a progress bar!!!!! I checked out other sites as well,but the issue here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi friends, how can I show a progress bar for any running process in the shell script. For example when I am copying or compressing a file. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

hi all, in shell script (ksh), how do i write a progress bar ?? i have a script which searches files and while its searching i am currently printing out "." and if it finds what its searching for the script prints out the name of the file e.g .................. firstFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar for cp

I'm trying to use this code to get a progress bar for cp: "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?" But I'm getting these errors: stat: illegal option -- c usage: stat awk: division by zero input record number 1, file source line number 4 I'm using Mac OS X 10.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

7. Programming

C progress bar issues

-First- Hi guys im trying to create a small C app that'll run PING/NETSTAT and such and generate a report... I want to create a progress bar so I figure since I was gonna use multiple commands I was better of to create a function and call the bar when needed to print on the command line My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Progress BAR

Looking for a solution to why my progress bar not working My code print "STARTED:\n "; my $pdf = CAM::PDF->new('XYZ.pdf') or die $CAM::PDF::errstr; print STDOUT "Processing File: "; open (FILE, ">bill_data.txt") || die "Unable to save Bill_data.txt file"; for my $pagenum (1 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi Experts; Im in the process of writing a shell script for enabling an IT operations to run archiving.We use netbackup. The script is complete, though there is one bit that i need help on. Im trying to have a progess bar for the procedure.I have gone through the man page of the command in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies
DwtScrollBarGetSlider(3Dwt)											       DwtScrollBarGetSlider(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollBarGetSlider - Retrieves the current size and position parameters of the slider in the scroll bar widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollBarGetSlider(widget, value_return, shown_return,
				  inc_return, pageinc_return)
	    Widget widget;
	    int *value_return;
	    int *shown_return;
	    int *inc_return;
	    int *pageinc_return;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll bar widget ID.

value_return
		 Returns  the scroll bar's top thumb (slider) position between the DwtNminValue and DwtNmaxValue attributes to the scroll bar wid-
		 get.

shown_return
		 Returns the size of the slider as a value between zero and the absolute value of DwtNmaxValue minus DwtNminValue.   The  size	of
		 the slider varies, depending on how much of the slider scroll area it represents.

inc_return
		 Returns the amount of button increment and decrement.

pageinc_return
		 Returns the amount of page increment and decrement.

Description
       The DwtScrollBarGetSlider function returns the currently displayed size/position values of the slider in the scroll bar widget.	The scroll
       region is overlaid with a slider bar that is adjusted in size and position using the main scroll bar or	set  slider  function  attributes.
       The stepping arrows and the slider are the scroll activator objects providing the user interface syntax ``feel.''

See Also
       DwtScrollBarSetSlider(3Dwt)
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollBarGetSlider(3Dwt)