Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell replacing space with line breaks Post 302309286 by devtakh on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 01:43:33 PM
Old 04-21-2009
please provide a sample input and expected output file

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing line breaks from a shell variable

Here is my snippet of code... getDescription() { DESCRIPTION=$(dbaccess dncsdb - << ! 2>/dev/null|sed -e 's/hctt_description//' -e '/^$/ d'|tr -d '\r' select hct_type.hctt_description from hct_type,hct_profile where hct_type.hctt_id=hct_profile.hctt_id and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

any better way to remove line breaks

Hi, I got some log files which print the whole xml message in separate lines: e.g. 2008-10-01 14:21:44,561 INFO do something 2008-10-01 14:21:44,561 INFO print xml : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <a> <b>my data</b> </a> 2008-10-01 14:21:44,563 INFO do something again I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csmklee
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with wc and line breaks

Hi everyone, I have gone through the forum trying to find an answer to this question but was unsuccessful. I am hoping that someone can help me with this please. I am trying to get my script to recognise line breaks from a file and to give me a result for wc of each line. So basically, if you... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stargazerr
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing space with T only in the 1st line of the file

Hi Masters , I have a file whose header is like HDRCZECM8CZCM000000881 SVR00120100401160828+020020100401160828+0200CZK There is a space between 1 and S ,my req is to chng the space to T I tried echo `head -1 CDCZECM8CZCM000000881` | sed 's/ /T/' it works ,but how can I modify in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line breaks in csv file using shell script

Hi All, I've a csv file in which the record is getting break into 1 line or more than one line. I want to combine those splits into one line and remove the unwanted character existing in the record i.e. double quote symbol ("). The line gets break only when the record contains double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
4 Replies

6. Programming

Clean and keep line breaks

Hello, I want to keep line spaces in comments but clean more then 2 after each. Example: $sentence="This is my first sentence This will be in a new row This will be too in a new row but not separated with 3line breaks just with one "; And i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

After using @, line breaks for a particular user in shell

Dear Concern, When we using @ sign, line breaks for a particular user in shell. Please advise how to resolve from the problem in HP UX. tabs@tabsdb02:/ccbs/users/tabs$ cat /etc/passwd|grep tabs tabs:RdCgOsmKee7Ps:221:201::/ccbs/users/tabs:/usr/bin/ksh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] read 'line' issue with leading tabs and virtual line breaks

Heyas I'm trying to read/display a file its content and put borders around it (tui-cat / tui-cat -t(ypwriter). The typewriter-part is a 'bonus' but still has its own flaws, but thats for later. So in some way, i'm trying to rewrite cat using bash and other commands. But sadly it fails on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies
JACK_IODELAY(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   JACK_IODELAY(1)

NAME
jack_iodelay - JACK toolkit client to measure roundtrip latency SYNOPSIS
jack_iodelay DESCRIPTION
jack_iodelay will create one input and one output port, and then measures the latency (signal delay) between them. For this to work, the output port must be connected to its input port. The measurement is accurate to a resolution of greater than 1 sample. The expected use is to connect jack_iodelay's output port to a hardware playback port, then use a physical loopback cable from the corre- sponding hardware output connector to an input connector, and to connect that corresponding hardware capture port to jack_iodelay's input port. This creates a roundtrip that goes through any analog-to-digital or digital-converters that are present in the audio hardware. Although the hardware loopback latency is the expected use, it is also possible to use jack_iodelay to measure the latency along any fully connected signal path, such as those involving other JACK clients. Once jack_iodelay completes its measurement it will print the total latency it has detected. This will include the JACK period length in addition to any other latency in the signal path. It will continue to print the value every 0.5 seconds or so so that if you wish you can vary aspects of the signal path to see their effect on the measured latency. If no incoming signal is detected from the input port, jack_iodelay will print Signal below threshold... . every second until this changes (e.g. until you establish the correct connections). To use the value measured by jack_iodelay with the -I and -O arguments of a JACK backend (also called Input Latency and Output Latency in the setup dialog of qjackctl), you must subtract the JACK period size from the result. Then, if you believe that the latency is equally distributed between the input and output parts of your audio hardware (extremely likely), divide the result by two and use that for input and/or output latency value. Doing this measurement will enable JACK clients that use the JACK latency API to accurately position/delay audio to keep signals synchronized even when there are inherent delays in the end-to-end signal pathways. AUTHOR
Originally written in C++ by Fons Adriensen, ported to C by Torben Hohn. 0-122-0 September 2012 JACK_IODELAY(1)