Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I bypass the Prompt in SFTP Post 302309274 by pierluigi22 on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 01:26:10 PM
Old 04-21-2009
How can I bypass the Prompt in SFTP

I am on a sun solaris server and trying to create a script that will test if SFTP is up and running on a remote server (which could be unix or windows).

My thought was to simply invoke sftp and if I get the prompt ofr "Password" then that is an indication that the service is running and I am done.

The problem is that the "prompt" for password takes over the and is wainting for a reply.

This script will run as a sceduled task (cron) to validate the service is up and will simply hang.

Is there a way to capture the fact that password is prompted for and then terminate the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to bypass error in shell script?

Hi again, I have a script that moves files based on filelist: ------------------------------ filelist1=./rated.txt for file in $(< $filelist1) do mv ./$file ./Backup/$file done ------------------------------ If the file in filelist is not found from the folder the script fails.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmikahan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit satus of a command which I executed in sftp prompt

Hi All, I need the exit status of a command which is executed through sftp connection. Example: sftp user@host <<EOF mkdir /home/karteek/testing put /home/xyz.txt /home/karteek/testing EOF ------ In the above example, I need the exit status of the put command. Please help me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karteek
2 Replies

3. Solaris

bypass password authentication for sftp in unix

I am using solaris unix 8.2 version. I want to bypass password authentication for sftp. Can you please give some ideas on this. thanks.Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
4 Replies

4. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

authentication bypass vulnerability

what does it mean? I searched in google but I could not find a clear document that explain to me what does it mean. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to disable/bypass passphrase prompt in ssh?

Hi Folks, I have setup a passwordless connection from my Linux ( source) machine toSolaris ( destination ) machine. I have added passphrase while creating the rsa key. Now problem is each time when i make a connection i have to give the passphrase to make connection. How to override this ? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Division By Zero Bypass

Hi Friends, I don't understand why "a" is always being printed as zero, when I execute the following command. awk '{if($6||$8||$10||$12==0)a=b=c=d=0;else (a=$5/$6);(b=$7/$8);(c=$9/$10);(d=$11/$12); {print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Bypass stale PE ?

Hello, I have an ancient HP-UX 11.11 system where I have a logical volume marked stale and I can't get it sync'd. I have tried lvsync and lvreduce/lvextend to no avail. It is just one 4Mb PE on the disk that I can't get current. # lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol5 | grep stale LV Status ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bypass crontab??

Hi there. I've put something in crontab that my raspberry doesn't like, it's trying to draw a window before the graphics are ready after login. Problem being after the error it throws me back to the login, so I can't log in. There is only one user setup on this raspberry so I can't log in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
6 Replies
libssh2_sftp_mkdir_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					  libssh2_sftp_mkdir_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_mkdir_ex - create a directory on the remote file system SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_mkdir_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, unsigned int path_len, long mode); int libssh2_sftp_mkdir(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, long mode); DESCRIPTION
sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) path - full path of the new directory to create. Note that the new directory's parents must all exist priot to making this call. path_len - length of the full path of the new directory to create. mode - directory creation mode (e.g. 0755). Create a directory on the remote file system. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_mkdir_ex(3)