Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to replace ntpdate
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace ntpdate Post 302309162 by System Shock on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 09:01:36 AM
Old 04-21-2009
Can't you make one of the computers an NTP server?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NTPDATE Command help

I would like to setup date / time sync on Solaris 8 using the command ntpdate. How do I set it up? Thanks Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miredale
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to use Ntpdate to slew the time?

Hi experts, I've a master server which sync to ntp time server daily by using xntpd daemon. Then my client servers will use ntpdate through cron job to synchronize the time hourly. (By using ntpupdate -s -B 'master server') My question is, now I'll need to synchronize to a oracle server which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenzoo
2 Replies

3. SCO

ntpdate problem in Unixware

Hi Guys, A weird problem. I have disabled ntpd daemon on a HP server and placed ntpdate in crontab instead and redirected the log to a file. This command in cron synchronizes the server with a local time server every 15 minutes. The weird part is that on 3 specific times (5:00 am, 10:00 am,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Verifone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382

I need to replace dashes (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357 with zero (i.e. 0), I also need to replace dash (i.e “-“) if present between position 024-043 with zero (i.e. 0) & I replace " " (i.e. 2 space characters) if present at position 381-382 with "04". Total length of record is 413.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Execute the ntpdate command only when NTP daemon is stopped?

Hi, Could somebody please explain me. why is it necessary to execute the "ntpdate" command only when ntp daemon is stopped , and also the probabale solution to reduce the high offset value. Thanks !! Laxxi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Is ntpdate command dependent on ntpd?

Hi, Could someone Please clarify me here: Is ntpdate command a part of ntpd, i mean does ntpdate command a dependent on ntpd? and can ntpdate be run in absence of ntpd service. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntpdate not synching with w32time on Windows XP

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and Linux in general. Last month I ran into a problem at work and never got around to solving it. We have an old Linux workstation that synchs its time to a Windows XP machine running w32time. The version of ntpdate is 4.2.0.a running on Linux kernel 2.6.17.6. It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rathauneek
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies
CHRONY(1)							   User's Manual							 CHRONY(1)

NAME
chrony - programs for keeping computer clocks accurate SYNOPSIS
chronyc [OPTIONS] chronyd [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
chrony is a pair of programs for keeping computer clocks accurate. chronyd is a background (daemon) program and chronyc is a command-line interface to it. Time reference sources for chronyd can be RFC1305 NTP servers, human (via keyboard and chronyc), or the computer's real- time clock at boot time (Linux only). chronyd can determine the rate at which the computer gains or loses time and compensate for it while no external reference is present. Its use of NTP servers can be switched on and off (through chronyc) to support computers with dial- up/intermittent access to the Internet, and it can also act as an RFC1305-compatible NTP server. USAGE
chronyc is a command-line interface program which can be used to monitor chronyd's performance and to change various operating parameters whilst it is running. chronyd's main function is to obtain measurements of the true (UTC) time from one of several sources, and correct the system clock accord- ingly. It also works out the rate at which the system clock gains or loses time and uses this information to keep it accurate between mea- surements from the reference. The reference time can be derived from either Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, reference clocks, or wristwatch-and-keyboard (via chronyc). The main source of information about the Network Time Protocol is http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp. It is designed so that it can work on computers which only have intermittent access to reference sources, for example computers which use a dial-up account to access the Internet. Of course, it will work on computers with permanent connections too. In addition, for Linux 2.0.x (for x >= 32) or 2.2 onwards, chronyd can monitor the system's real time clock performance, so the system can maintain accurate time even across reboots. Typical accuracies available between 2 machines are On an ethernet LAN : 100-200 microseconds, often much better On a V32bis dial-up modem connection : 10's of milliseconds (from one session to the next) With a good reference clock the accuracy can reach one microsecond. chronyd can also operate as an RFC1305-compatible NTP server and peer. SEE ALSO
chronyc(1), chrony(1) http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/ AUTHOR
Richard Curnow <rc@rc0.org.uk> This man-page was written by Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> as part of "The Missing Man Pages Project". Please see http://www.netmeister.org/misc/m2p2/index.html for details. The complete chrony documentation is supplied in texinfo format. chrony December 04, 2009 CHRONY(1)