Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extendvg and rootvg
Operating Systems AIX extendvg and rootvg Post 302309037 by quan0509 on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 02:55:32 AM
Old 04-21-2009
Change the "factor" with -t option within chvg.

Find the informations of supporting PPs in AIX with any version.

read it first.
extendvg and rootvg-factorpng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

rootvg mirroring query

Hi, I am having query regarding rootvg mirroring, How to find out that rootvg is mirrored? Regards Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extendvg error....

root:/home/root # extendvg rootvg hdisk50 0516-1339 extendvg: Physical volume contains some 3rd party volume group. 0516-1397 extendvg: The physical volume hdisk50, will not be added to the volume group. 0516-792 extendvg: Unable to extend volume group. root:/home/root # extendvg -f rootvg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

7. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies

9. AIX

Convert rootvg to scalable

hello everyone, I have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to convert the rootvg to scalable format because i need to increase the size of specific file systems and i cannot do it with its current state. I know that in order to perform this operation the volume group must be varied off so is there a way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

10. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)