Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fopen and open
Top Forums Programming fopen and open Post 302309020 by vishwamitra on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 02:08:28 AM
Old 04-21-2009
kindly elaborate about how character by charatcter read operation through library call will be faster than read system call ,done charatcer by character
This User Gave Thanks to vishwamitra For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Mac OS X - open() and fopen() with French filename

Hi I was trying to open a file with french name on Mac OS-X with open() and fopen() but it didn't work.Do we have any POSIX unix func. which can be used to open any file with special name. if anybody has an idea plz help. Thanks Mohit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohit grover
1 Replies

2. Programming

.cc fopen failed - Broken Pipe

hello.. i make some code with C in freebsd 5.4 and compile it in solaris somehow i succeed compile the program. but when i run it, i got error message "Broken Pipe" i looked out the syntax that that caused this, fp = fopen("file.tmp","r"); does anyone know why, and how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuampang
3 Replies

3. Programming

fopen() + reading in large text files

For reading in large text files (say files over 1kB in size) are there any issues with fopen() that I should be aware of ? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
2 Replies

4. Web Development

CAN TCPDF USE fopen() or Convert URL To PDF?

Dear all, I'm a newbie for PHP and TCPDF ,I have to change the URL to PDF, so I used FPDF , But it cannot convert most of the advanced HTML tags. So explored again and found TCPDF , it can do most of the tag but I cannot found to change URL to PDF. So Does anyone can point the example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athae
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux fopen() mistery. Help required.

Hello! I'm having problems with fopen() call in Linux. I have shared library (created by myself) that implements some file operations: int lib_func(char* file_name) { ... fd = fopen(file_name, "r"); if(!fd) {... exit with error ...} ... do something useful using fd ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalbi
2 Replies

6. Programming

fopen() - don't know what I'm doing wrong

This code works fine when I use a command line argument for fopen()'s parameter, but when I change it to a filename, the program freezes upon compilation. input.txt is definitely there, so I can't figure it out. Thanks. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <ctype.h> int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazypeterson
3 Replies

7. Programming

overhead of fopen/freopen

I always assumed the fopen/freopen is very costly, so when I needed to work with many files within on process I spent extra time to implement a list of FILE * pointers to avoid extra open/reopen but it did not produced any better results. Here is a task at hand - there is a huge stream of data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault in fopen when in write mode.

Hi All, Although this code is quite long but it does not require one to understand the logic of the code. I am trying to run this code on my Linux machine using gcc. But when this line is executed: output_pointer = fopen ( file_name , "w" );I get segmentation fault. I've been breaking my head... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
17 Replies

9. Programming

help plz - fopen()

Hello, I have a problem here, I want to write a function called"myfopen()" instead of "fopen()" for writing this function I must not use the <stdio.h> library, Can you help me? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamed.samie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mac. PHP fopen() does not create a file. Permissions.

5Thank you to those who responded. After a crazy amount of troubleshooting and getting hints and feedback from others, I was so darn determined to get on with my tutorials and I found the solution myself. Keyword search: php and 'Mac computer' and fopen and chmod. Using:php and Mac and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iHaveAQuestion
1 Replies
XmTextInsert(library call)												XmTextInsert(library call)

NAME
XmTextInsert -- A Text function that inserts a character string into a text string SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Text.h> void XmTextInsert( Widget widget, XmTextPosition position, char * value); DESCRIPTION
XmTextInsert inserts a character string into the text string in the Text widget. The character positions begin at 0 (zero) and are numbered sequentially from the beginning of the text. For example, to insert a string after the fourth character, the parameter position must be 4. This routine calls the widget's XmNvalueChangedCallback and verification callbacks, either XmNmodifyVerifyCallback or XmNmodifyVerifyCall- backWcs, or both. If both verification callback lists are registered, the procedures of the XmNmodifyVerifyCallback list are executed first and the resulting data is passed to the XmNmodifyVerifyCallbackWcs callbacks. If the XmNcursorPosition resource is greater than or is the same value as position, the XmNmotionVerifyCallback is called. Note that, if value is a null string, no callbacks will be generated, since no modifications will have been made. widget Specifies the Text widget ID. position Specifies the position in the text string where the character string is to be inserted. value Specifies the character string value to be added to the text widget. For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see XmText(3). RELATED
XmText(3) and XmTextInsertWcs(3). XmTextInsert(library call)