Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Configure SMTP service in linux 5.2 Post 302308846 by sixstrings on Monday 20th of April 2009 12:00:51 PM
Old 04-20-2009
Do you just want this server to send mail out? If so:

in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

find this line:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

put a dnl in front of it and restart sendmail

to test run this echo "this is a test" |mail -s "test" <emailaddress>

Or do you want it to serve as a SMTP server for multiple systems?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SMTP Server for Unix

Hi, We had an upgrade today morning and since then mailx command is not working. I have been told to change the DNS to use host name as smtp.companyname.com instead of the IP address. Can someone please help me out to know where can I change this on a Unix Server. Thanks Aman (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chawlaaman
5 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Sendmail. Need help on how to configure SMTP

Did anyone know or can provide some instructions on how to setup smtp for sendmail. All I need to do is email files from sco thru my ISP smtp provider. please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure Linux box with my SMTP mail server

Hi all, I need to send mail to a particular email id using a local mail server.This mail shall contain the content of a file. I don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone guide me ,where to start proceeding for it. Any guide or study material would appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Configure router to allow smtp traffic

Hello all, I have installed ubuntu hardy and for some testing I have configured sendmail on it. I have a router facing the internet and I am having hard time configuring the router to allow traffic on port 25 to my server. I have a BCM96338 ADSL Router. I have set iptable rules to allow the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h3llh0l3
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem tring to enable smtp service

People I'm trying to enable de smtp services of a solaris 10 and i get this sendmail: daemon MTA-v4: problem creating SMTP socket sendmail: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA-v4: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting Anyone Knows what is bad? Thank for your time ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

8. Solaris

SMTP Service

Guys, How can i check the mailx command will wor on my system or not. The OS is Sun Solaris 5.10. Or how can i come to know whether SMTP service is activated in Sun Solaris OS or not. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to configure FTPS service on Linux 7.2?

Hey Guys, I need to know , how to configure the FTPS service on Linux 7.2 OS. Please advise. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil1000
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure sendmail with SMTP

Hello, I'm trying to configure sendmail with SMTP authentication on a SunOS 5.11 operating system. I have been read various documentation / tutorials and unfortunately is not working. I need help from someone who has configured smtp on this operating system. When I try to send a mail, I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkm4nx99
2 Replies
Authen::Simple::SMTP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Authen::Simple::SMTP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::SMTP - Simple SMTP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::SMTP; my $smtp = Authen::Simple::FTP->new( host => 'smtp.company.com' ); if ( $smtp->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::SMTP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleSMTP_host "smtp.company.com" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::SMTP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a SMTP service. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * host Connection host, can be a hostname or IP number. Defaults to "localhost". host => 'ftp.company.com' host => '10.0.0.1' * port Connection port, default to 25. port => 25 * timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::SMTP') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Net::SMTP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::SMTP(3pm)