Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need helpl in scripting read 2 lines and paste to one single line. Post 302308837 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of April 2009 11:38:11 AM
Old 04-20-2009
Code:
awk '{ if( $1 ~ /^#FILE/) {old=$2}
         if ($1 ~ /^#SAVED/) {print $2, old} }' inputfilename > newfilename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with a single key press...

I would really like to have a script that will accept the key press from the user with out having to press the enter key afterwards. i.e. echo "Press Y to print \c" read YesNo At this point the user has to press the enter key to continue. Is there a way to accept the key press from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

paste each 10 lines of single column to several column

Hi, I need to paste each 10 lines of single column to several columns. Please, can anyone tell me how to write in awk? Input File: 22 34 36 12 17 19 15 11 89 99 56 38 29 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line

It sounds a bit confusing but what I have is a text file like the example below (without the Line1, Line2, Line3 etc. of course) and I want to move every group of characters into a new line after each space. Example of text file; line1 .digg-widget-theme2 ul { background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split single line into two line or three lines

Dear All, I want to split single line into two line or three lines wherever “|” separated values comes using Input line test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,|0070086|0070087, output shoule be test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070086, test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070087, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read duplicate column, then generate a single line

Dear experts, How to generate the result listed below ? Input file: col1col2col3Aname1size1Aname2size2Aname3size1Bname4size3Bname5size5Cname6size8Cname7size6Cname8size9Cname9size11Cname10size16 What I want is: Aname1, size1name2, size2name3, size1Bname4,size3name5, size5Cname6,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read multi line characters in a single column

Hi, I have file in which fields are pipe (|) separated and the record separator is new line (\n). But sometime I am getting a field value which is spread across multiple line. Basically I am getting a file from another system in the below format and needs to process the file and load data into a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies
uulog(1)						      General Commands Manual							  uulog(1)

NAME
uulog - display entries in the UUCP log file. SYNOPSIS
uulog [-#] [-n lines] [-sf system] [-u user] [-DSF] [--lines lines] [--system system] [--user user] [--debuglog] [--statslog] [--follow] [--follow=system] DESCRIPTION
The uulog program can be used to display entries in the UUCP log file. It can select the entries for a particular system or a particular user. You can use it to see what has happened to your queued jobs in the past. Different options may be used to select which parts of the file to display. OPTIONS
-#, -n lines, --lines lines Here '#' is a number; e.g., `-10'. The specified number of lines is displayed from the end of the log file. The default is to dis- play the entire log file, unless the -f, -F, or --follow options are used, in which case the default is to display 10 lines. -s system, --system system Display only log entries pertaining to the specified system. -u, --user user Display only log entries pertaining to the specified user. -D --debuglog Display the debugging log file. -S, --statslog Display the statistics log file. -F, --follow Keep displaying the log file forever, printing new lines as they are appended to the log file. -f system, --follow=system Keep displaying the log file forever, displaying only log entries pertaining to the specified system. Standard UUCP options: -X type, --debug type Turn on particular debugging types. The following types are recognized: abnormal, chat, handshake, uucp-proto, proto, port, config, spooldir, execute, incoming, outgoing. --debug option may appear multiple times. A number may also be given, which will turn on that many types from the foregoing list; for example, --debug 2 is equivalent to --debug abnormal,chat. -I file, --config Set configuration file to use. -v, --version Report version information and exit. --help Print a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
uucp(1) AUTHOR
Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>. Text for this Manpage comes from Taylor UUCP, version 1.07 Info documentation. Taylor UUCP 1.07 uulog(1)