Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit) Post 302308832 by sixstrings on Monday 20th of April 2009 11:30:02 AM
Old 04-20-2009
Can you post your cluster.conf file?

Also, for fencing use ipmi... that should just allow for the fencing of nodes via the ilo without needed the advanced pack.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3

Hello there guys, i'm new in this linux world and i'm having problems with telnet session. I enabled telnet login but it wont let me login as root. is there a file that i need to take a look to make sure that root could telnet to the system. Thanks a lot guys for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Red Hat Enterprise Linux - For Free!

CentOS 2 and 3 are a 100% compatible rebuild of the RHEL 2 and 3 versions, in full compliance with RedHat's redistribution requirements. It is for people who need an enterprise class OS without the cost of certification and support. Read more here. I've just installed it on a spare box and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Enterprise RED HAT Linux

The Adobe Flash Player does not work in my Enterprise Red Hat Linux. It instructs me to download the Flash Player which I have done. However, it does not install. Do I have a GUI in Red Hat that I can use or do I have to do it via command line. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Anil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Help with Linux Red Hat Enterprise 5.4

I installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5.4 on a desktop in work. I am stuck on the following 1. I have to ensure that Syslogd options in the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file read SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-r -m 0". After making this execute service syslog restart the syslog and make this change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.colgan
0 Replies

5. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
FENCE_NODE(8)							      cluster							     FENCE_NODE(8)

NAME
fence_node - a utility to run fence agents SYNOPSIS
fence_node [OPTIONS] nodename DESCRIPTION
This utility runs a fence agent against nodename. The agent and args are taken from the running cluster configuration based on clus- ter.conf(5). fence_node is a wrapper around the libfence functions: fence_node() and unfence_node(). These libfence functions use libccs to read the node fencing configuration, which means that corosync (with cman and ccs) must be running to use fence_node(8). The fenced(8) daemon is the main user of libfence:fence_node(), and the configuration details for that function are given in the fenced(8) man page. Fencing vs. Unfencing The main use for unfencing is with storage/SAN (non-power) agents. When using power-based fencing agents, the fencing action itself is supposed to turn a node back on after first turning the power off (this happens automatically with a "reboot" action, and needs to be configured explicitly as "off" + "on" otherwise.) When using storage-based fencing agents, the fencing action is not allowed to re-enable a node after disabling it. Re-enabling a fenced node is only safe once the node has been rebooted. A natural way to re-enable a fenced node's access to storage, is for that node to re- enable the access itself during its startup process. The cman init script calls fence_node -U (nodename defaults to local nodename when unfencing). Unfencing a node without an <unfence> configuration (see below) is a no-op. The basic differences between fencing and unfencing: Fencing 1. libfence: fence_node(), command line: fence_node nodename 2. Turns off or disables a node. 3. Agents run with the default action of "off", "disable" or "reboot". 4. Performed by a cluster node against another node that fails (by the fenced daemon). Unfencing 1. libfence: unfence_node(), command line: fence_node -U nodename 2. Turns on or enables a node. 3. Agents run with the explicit action of "on" or "enable". 4. Performed by a cluster node "against" itself during startup (by the cman init script). OPTIONS
-U Unfence the node, default local node name. -v Show fence agent results, -vv to also show agent args. -h Print a help message describing available options, then exit. -V Print program version information, then exit. FILES
The Unfencing/unfence_node() configuration is very similar to the Fencing/fence_node() configuration shown in fenced(8). Unfencing is only performed for a node with an <unfence> section: <clusternode name="node1" nodeid="1"> <fence> </fence> <unfence> </unfence> </clusternode> The <unfence> section does not contain <method> sections like the <fence> section does. It contains <device> references directly, which mirror the corresponding device sections for <fence>, with the notable addition of the explicit action of "on" or "enable". The same <fencedevice> is referenced by both fence and unfence <device> lines, and the same per-node args should be repeated. <clusternode name="node1" nodeid="1"> <fence> <method name="1"> <device name="myswitch" foo="x"/> </method> </fence> <unfence> <device name="myswitch" foo="x" action="on"/> </unfence> </clusternode> SEE ALSO
fenced(8) cluster 2009-12-21 FENCE_NODE(8)