Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need helpl in scripting read 2 lines and paste to one single line. Post 302308817 by paragp1981 on Monday 20th of April 2009 11:06:25 AM
Old 04-20-2009
Need helpl in scripting read 2 lines and paste to one single line.

Hi All,

I need to create script which will accept one file as i/p and give me o/p file described as below.

1) i/p log file named abc.log contents several lines but i am interested in lines like below.

#FILE..... /oracle/XYZ/sapdata1/undo_7/undo.data7
#SAVED.... BACKINTID001

2) o/p file should be such that it should look like below.

BACKINTID001 /oracle/XYZ/sapdata1/undo_7/undo.data7 /oracle/ABC/sapdata1/undo_7

Even if i get till below its ok
BACKINTID001 /oracle/XYZ/sapdata1/undo_7/undo.data7

I am currently using below to take o/p and paste in excel and use excel formatting to get required o/p

grep "#FILE" abc.log| awk '{print $2}'
grep "#SAVED" abc.log | awk '{print $2}'

Please let me how this can be done..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with a single key press...

I would really like to have a script that will accept the key press from the user with out having to press the enter key afterwards. i.e. echo "Press Y to print \c" read YesNo At this point the user has to press the enter key to continue. Is there a way to accept the key press from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

paste each 10 lines of single column to several column

Hi, I need to paste each 10 lines of single column to several columns. Please, can anyone tell me how to write in awk? Input File: 22 34 36 12 17 19 15 11 89 99 56 38 29 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line

It sounds a bit confusing but what I have is a text file like the example below (without the Line1, Line2, Line3 etc. of course) and I want to move every group of characters into a new line after each space. Example of text file; line1 .digg-widget-theme2 ul { background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split single line into two line or three lines

Dear All, I want to split single line into two line or three lines wherever “|” separated values comes using Input line test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,|0070086|0070087, output shoule be test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070086, test,DEMTEMPUT20100404010012,,,,,,,,0070087, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read duplicate column, then generate a single line

Dear experts, How to generate the result listed below ? Input file: col1col2col3Aname1size1Aname2size2Aname3size1Bname4size3Bname5size5Cname6size8Cname7size6Cname8size9Cname9size11Cname10size16 What I want is: Aname1, size1name2, size2name3, size1Bname4,size3name5, size5Cname6,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read multi line characters in a single column

Hi, I have file in which fields are pipe (|) separated and the record separator is new line (\n). But sometime I am getting a field value which is spread across multiple line. Basically I am getting a file from another system in the below format and needs to process the file and load data into a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies
PASTE(1)								FSF								  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info paste should give you access to the complete manual. paste (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 PASTE(1)