Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting within shell script send expect and if else Post 302308708 by mnmonu on Monday 20th of April 2009 05:41:04 AM
Old 04-20-2009
Please help me..............

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect and Shell script

This is my shell script which calls an expect file, i am trying to find out server.log file sizes on various servers. But what should be correct way to do that, is there any way i can run a for loop inside the expect file which can take cat <filename> as input. I know for can be used in expect file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

within shell script send expect and if else

Hi, I have written one shell script , using that i am able to connect to remote machine but i have to #!/usr/bin/expect -f set address set username set password set OOLpath set dbusername set dbpasswd set tnsname set recdbusername set recdbpasswd set rectnsname spawn ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
2 Replies

3. Programming

Expect script to run a Shell script on remote server

Hi All, I am using a expect script to run a shell script on remote server, the code is as follows. But the problem is that it executes only first command, and hangs it doesn't run the next commands. spawn ssh $uid@$host expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "*\r" send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthsn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Expect in Shell Script

Hi All, I have a expect script which is working for single server, but if i am trying to pass value of the variable inside expect, it is not working. Please see below :- expect -c 'spawn ssh username@ip_address ; expect assword ; send "Password1\n" ; send "uptime \n" ; send "free -m \n" ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use expect in shell script?

Dear friends, Could you please help me in writing a sample code to connect the remote system (through ssh) using expect in shell script. Thanks in advance.. :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh.tulluri
1 Replies

6. AIX

Send ctrl+C in expect script

Hi, Am trying to transfer file via FTP using expect script from server to client i need to interrupt the file transfer between server and client Please help what should used in expect code.. I used send "ctrl+c\r" expect "Aborted" but that didnt work.. I need what should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Send files to SFTP using Expect

I have to send few gzipped files from local server to SFTP server. My Server Info Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Release: 12.04 Codename: precise Created a bash script and could able to send files to sftp, but i want to send email if transfer is successful. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script error : send: spawn id exp4 not open

Hi, I am executing a expect script in while loop for doing telnet on list of servers stored in file as below : expect script : #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 20 set ip set port if { == 0} { send_user "Usage: scriptname ip port\n" exit 1 } #exp_internal 1 log_user 0 spawn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple expect/send statements not working in shell script

Hi I am trying the following in my bash script which logs into my machine and runs a command. Trying to solve this using expect. The first expect statement is hit and it enters the address "10.10.0.10" but when the second expect statement is hit it exits #!/bin/bash expect -c ' spawn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skorada
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
lindex(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 lindex(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
lindex - Retrieve an element from a list SYNOPSIS
lindex list ?index...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The lindex command accepts a parameter, list, which it treats as a Tcl list. It also accepts zero or more indices into the list. The indices may be presented either consecutively on the command line, or grouped in a Tcl list and presented as a single argument. If no indices are presented, the command takes the form: lindex list or lindex list {} In this case, the return value of lindex is simply the value of the list parameter. When presented with a single index, the lindex command treats list as a Tcl list and returns the index'th element from it (0 refers to the first element of the list). In extracting the element, lindex observes the same rules concerning braces and quotes and backslashes as the Tcl command interpreter; however, variable substitution and command substitution do not occur. If index is negative or greater than or equal to the number of elements in value, then an empty string is returned. The interpretation of each simple index value is the same as | for the command string index, supporting simple index arithmetic and indices relative to the end of the list. If additional index arguments are supplied, then each argument is used in turn to select an element from the previous indexing operation, allowing the script to select elements from sublists. The command, lindex $a 1 2 3 or lindex $a {1 2 3} is synonymous with lindex [lindex [lindex $a 1] 2] 3 EXAMPLES
lindex {a b c} -> a b c lindex {a b c} {} -> a b c lindex {a b c} 0 -> a lindex {a b c} 2 -> c lindex {a b c} end -> c lindex {a b c} end-1 -> b lindex {{a b c} {d e f} {g h i}} 2 1 -> h lindex {{a b c} {d e f} {g h i}} {2 1} -> h lindex {{{a b} {c d}} {{e f} {g h}}} 1 1 0 -> g lindex {{{a b} {c d}} {{e f} {g h}}} {1 1 0} -> g SEE ALSO
list(n), lappend(n), linsert(n), llength(n), lsearch(n), lset(n), lsort(n), lrange(n), lreplace(n), string(n) | KEYWORDS
element, index, list Tcl 8.4 lindex(n)