Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to start shell scripting Post 302308614 by Neo on Sunday 19th of April 2009 06:01:04 PM
Old 04-19-2009
Search the forums:

shell scripting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting where do I start?

Hey people, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good tutorial/HOWTO on scripting. I've never done any scripting and have had very little exposure to it but I'm curious to know more about it. Any help would be appreciated. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSeanD
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to Start a Shell as Login shell instead of ordinary shell

Hi I tried with bash --login option. but the output is siva:~$ bash --login siva:~$ is there any way to make the shell ask for user id and password ( and login as different user instead of using sudo / su ) Thx in advance Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Scripting

Hi All, I'm to join a new role which will demand a lot of Shell (bash) scipting for a Telecom envirement. I read a lot about SCripting but, I need your help to : create a lab for start making scripts and simulating them. How to learn AWK and SED and use them in my scipts. what Tools may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engkemo2002
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My PM has told me to learn shell scripting in 2 weeks , how should I start?

My PM has told me to learn shell scrting in 2 weeks , how should I start?:confused::confused::confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emergency...!!! Shell Scripting.... How to start a same script in 3 different logins?

Hi, I've a shell script. If I trigger the script it takes one day to complete the execution. I've to start the same script in 3 different logins of Unix machine simultaneously. Do you have any idea how can I make it? Please suggest.:( Thank you.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting.... How to start a same script in 3 different logins?

Hi, I’ve a shell script. If I trigger the script it takes one day to complete the execution. I’ve to start the same script in 3 different logins of Unix machine simultaneously. Do you have any idea how can I make it? Please suggest. Thank you.. Stop making the font size smaller than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: testin
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Stop/Start Application

I did a search of these forums but couldnt find a suitable resolution. I am attempting to script a stop and start of an application on AIX. Such as: However it has authentication where username and password prompts will appear after running the above command requiring input from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soupy
2 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)