Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: variable exporting
Operating Systems Solaris variable exporting Post 302308564 by incredible on Sunday 19th of April 2009 10:00:19 AM
Old 04-19-2009
exporting a variable in your profile permanently.. as above

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exporting a directory

How do I export a directory ? I am trying to link the directory from another machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exporting display

how do I export my display from my unix box to my pc basically what is the syntax for export DISPLAY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Exporting data

My friend's boss has asked me to help update a customer database. They have a limited amount of space and have asked if I can do this from my home computer. She is working on a Unix system with a program called Accuterm. My understanding is that this program is a dedicated program for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clearchoice
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting variable from config file

Hi, I am exporting the environment variable from config file, but when I echo the variable it does not display any value. Here is the snippet of the code #!/bin/sh export ENVIRONMENT_ROOT_DIRECTORY="/cb/$ENVIRONMENT" echo $ENVIRONMENT_ROOT_DIRECTORY ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavnabakshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting Value of a Variable as a Variable

Here's how; Say; I have a variable VAR which contains something like MY_DIR=/apphome/some/mydir. What I want is I want to export VAR so that it will vitually export MY_DIR. Please suggest me? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: swmk
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting to excel

Can someone help me out to export awk output to excel file in different rows? Plzzzz its urgent...:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting my dynamical variable won't work?

Even though the idea "might" not be great I still wrote this piece of code to get practice.. Which means that it is the CODE that matters here. Anyways; The intension is to create a program(or do we call it script?) that searches recursively through a folder to find a file - stored in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pesk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting variable

Hi All; I m working on a script and came across an issue ,to explain it briefly here is the sample code echo $HOSTNAME|while read IN; do var=`echo $IN|awk -F "-" '{print $2}'`; export var; echo $var; done now I get the value of $var but when it is out of the while loop it does not return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export command variable exporting problem

I have a txt file from which i am assiging a value to a variable using the code in script1 script1.sh export f=$(sed -n "/Freq *=/ s/.*= *//p" ${R_path}/output.txt) echo "$f" --------> this works in script2 ( which executes the script1) eval ./script1.sh if && ; then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi792
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems setting or exporting variable when using multiple commands from same line.

I am experimenting with some scripting as a way to learn more about it. I have a simple script that calls two other scripts. Each script echos some stuff to prove it ran and then sets a simple variable and exports it. I cannot get one of the variables to display back in the main calling script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrif
2 Replies
gss_compare_name(3GSS)				  Generic Security Services API Library Functions			    gss_compare_name(3GSS)

NAME
gss_compare_name - compare two internal-form names SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file... -lgss [library ...] #include <gssapi/gssapi.h> OM_uint32 gss_compare_name(OM_uint32 *minor_status, const gss_name_t name1,const gss_name_t name2, int *name_equal); DESCRIPTION
The gss_compare_name() function allows an application to compare two internal-form names to determine whether they refer to the same entity. If either name presented to gss_compare_name() denotes an anonymous principal, the routines indicate that the two names do not refer to the same identity. PARAMETERS
The parameter descriptions for gss_compare_name() follow: minor_status Mechanism-specific status code. name1 Internal-form name. name2 Internal-form name. name_equal If non-zero, the names refer to same entity. If 0, the names refer to different entities. Strictly, the names are not known to refer to the same identity. ERRORS
The gss_compare_name() function may return the following status codes: GSS_S_COMPLETE Successful completion. GSS_S_BAD_NAMETYPE The two names were of incomparable types. GSS_S_BAD_NAME One or both of name1 or name2 was ill-formed. GSS_S_FAILURE The underlying mechanism detected an error for which no specific GSS status code is defined. The mechanism-specific status code reported by means of the minor_status parameter details the error condition. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgss (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWgssx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) Solaris Security for Developers Guide SunOS 5.11 14 Jan 2003 gss_compare_name(3GSS)