Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating Interactive script Post 302308541 by otheus on Sunday 19th of April 2009 07:58:39 AM
Old 04-19-2009
You can also redirect input from the program "yes", which will output "y<newline" until the end of time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating interactive scripts

Hi all, I am trying to write a program that will automate interactive scripts that use 'pkgadd'. Easily enough I can use 'pkgask' and a response file for most of what I want to do, but unfortunately there are parts of some pkg installations that are configured to only take input from /dev/tty!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron ? automating a script

Hi all. basically i need to run a script every 30 minutes. my script is simply an error report: errpt thats it, is there anyway to make this happen every 30 minutes without having to type errpt in, the script will get bigger as i add more things to do but just need to know how to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
8 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automating Interactive password change

I have written the below scripts . ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh passwd -r ldap interactive_pwd_change.exp #!/usr/local/bin/expect set timeout 10 set curpass set newpass spawn ./ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh expect "Enter existing login password:" send "$curpass\r" expect "New... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with automating a bash script

Hi Guys, There are some emails going deferred as we got some new IP's from our ISP. So I was trying to manually copy the deferred mail and forward it to our sales team so that they can contact our client. I am new to this script thing, but luckily I was able to write the code to extract the data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating a perl script

Hi, I have a perl script that takes in 2 numerical values as ARGV. perl script.pl parameter1 num1 num2 in my case I have 1000's of num1 and num2. I can have them in separate files. Please let me know how to automate this run using shell scripting or using awk, so that I don't have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Crontab through script??

is it possible to automate crontab through script... I ll be getting the data i.e. cron entries from DB. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Linux Script

I want to automate the creation or processing of the following: Directory and subdirectory creation for your scenario company Files in each of the directories Symbolic links from 2 subdirectories to their parent directories Setting appropriate file permissions for the directories and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekglag2
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating an interactive process with EOF string

Hello, I'm running Stockfish chess engine ( Home - Stockfish - Open Source Chess Engine ) CLI on Linux in interactive mode which is working fine. root@ubuntu1950x:~# ./stockfish Stockfish 080218 64 POPCNT by T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott setoption name Debug Log File... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
NOHUP(1)							   User Commands							  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)