Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System LED flashing
Operating Systems HP-UX System LED flashing Post 302308462 by edfair on Saturday 18th of April 2009 12:43:43 PM
Old 04-18-2009
I would suggest a visit to the HP website with model numbers to look at the hardware manual.
If the specific model is equipped with dual power supplies it is possible that this is the indication that one has failed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LED stops at 406eoch6 help

Hi can anybody help me when i boot up my machine the LED runs until it gets to 406coch6 and it simply stops their noting appears on the screen...? Is their a website that lists all the codes and their meaning Thanks Liam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodonovan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Command for flashing????

What's the command to show text on any Xwindow that makes the text flashing / blinking ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rwunwla
1 Replies

3. AIX

LED Code

Anyone know what led code 626 means please. This is on a VIO server running vios 1.3.0.1-FP-8.1 and AIX 5.3 ML5. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flashing cursor

I am running a psychology experiment with a UNIX shell script as a front end. This precedes each trial: echo -e "\n\n\n ***Ready***" sleep 1 clear Is there a way to get rid of the flashing cursor after the clear command has been executed or another command I could use instead? It is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwin_886
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP OID for System Status LED's

I am trying to locate the proper MIB and OID location, to determine if the system attention light is on IBM-702x servers running 5.x. Currently, we get this on our Blade Centers Management Modules at location: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.8.2.1.1.7.xx were xx is the actual Blade number. A value of 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stamfdf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flashing and Animated Scripts ..

Guy's is there some one has Flashing and Animated Scripts .. like the welcoming interface coming in AIX and Flashing or Animated Scripts to beautify the manuscript ... :) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

7. AIX

Attention Led on HMC

We use HMC to manage two logical partitions. LPARs don't have any problem but HMC's, itself, attention led is on. :eek: I am not sure if that's going to affect LPARs, but just wanted to be sure.... :confused: Has anyone come across such problem on HMC? Where can you suggest to look for logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls flashing red

Can someone please tell me what the flashing red means? http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/COKEDUDEUSF/ls_flashing.jpg (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies

9. Programming

Need help on my LED REST API

I would like to seek help on my LED REST API. I have finished constructed my basic REST API for my Raspberry PI. What I'm trying to do now is allow my LED to light up whenever I key localhost:3000/7/1 and key localhost:3000/7/0 to switch off. But my problem now is my REST API can't works and hope... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoiregion
0 Replies
sgpio(1)							   USER COMMANDS							  sgpio(1)

NAME
sgpio - captive backplane LED control utility SYNOPSIS
sgpio [-h] [-V] [[-d|--disk <device>[,<device>...]] | [-p|--port <port>[,<port>...]]] [-s|--status <status>] [-f|--freq <frequency>] DESCRIPTION
Serial General Purpose Input Output (SGPIO) is a communication method used between a main board and a variety of internal and external hard disk drive bay enclosures. This utility can be used to control LEDs in an enclosure. For more information about SGPIO, please consult the SFF-8485 Specification. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a short help text -V, --version displays the utility and AHCI SGPIO specification -d, --disk disk name of LED location. Names are sda,sdb,sdc,... Multiple names can be provided in a comma-delimited list. -p, --port SATA port number of LED location, can be used if a disk name is no longer valid. 0,1,2,3,... Multiple ports can be provided in a comma-delimited list. -s, --status status of the LED to set. LED status is: locate, fault, rebuild, off -f, --freq Set the frequency at which the LED should blink (in Hz). Frequency should be an integer between 1 and 10. EXAMPLES
Set the locate LED on SDA with an Intel Intelligent backplane: sgpio -d sda -s locate Set the locate LED on SDA to flash at 3 Hz for non-intelligent backplanes: sgpio -d sda -s locate -f 3 Set SATA port 2 with fault at a 3 Hz flash rate: sgpio -p 2 -s fault -f 3 Set disks sda through sdf to fault: sgpio -d sda,sdb,sdc,sdd,sde,sdf -s fault EXIT STATUS
sgpio should return zero when successful. It will return with a non-zero value if there was a failure. AUTHOR
Eric R. Hall <Eric.R.Hall@intel.com> version 0.3 December 2007 sgpio(1)