Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with sscanf()!
Top Forums Programming help with sscanf()! Post 302308264 by Zykl0n-B on Friday 17th of April 2009 02:03:05 PM
Old 04-17-2009
Thank you,

Yes, i'm totally sure that QUERY_STRING only contains that text, because it's generated by a form.

What do you mean with "allocate space to str1 and str2"?, sorry, but english isn't my mother language, so i'll appreciate if you could be more "graphical" please Smilie.

And, with the return... i've tried, but it doesn't tell me where the error is.

Please Help me!
Zykl0n-B

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Programming

help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float. int main(void) { char A = ""; strcat(A, " hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

4. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

5. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

6. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

7. Programming

Format specifier for sscanf() in C

Hello, I have formatted lines delimited by colon ":", and I need to parse the line into two parts with sscanf() with format specifiers. infile.txt: Sample Name: sample1 SNPs : 91 MNPs : 1 Insertions : 5 Deletions ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
13 Replies
STRCSPN(3)								 1								STRCSPN(3)

strcspn - Find length of initial segment not matching mask

SYNOPSIS
int strcspn (string $str1, string $str2, [int $start], [int $length]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the length of the initial segment of $str1 which does not contain any of the characters in $str2. PARAMETERS
o $str1 - The first string. o $str2 - The second string. o $start - The start position of the string to examine. o $length - The length of the string to examine. RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the segment as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 strcspn(3) example <?php $a = strcspn('abcd', 'apple'); $b = strcspn('abcd', 'banana'); $c = strcspn('hello', 'l'); $d = strcspn('hello', 'world'); var_dump($a); var_dump($b); var_dump($c); var_dump($d); ?> The above example will output: int(0) int(0) int(2) int(2) NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
strspn(3). PHP Documentation Group STRCSPN(3)