Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fun scripts
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? fun scripts Post 302308240 by DeepakS on Friday 17th of April 2009 12:14:50 PM
Old 04-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon
This is an old one.

At a job interview this was a script I had to explain.

Code:
:(){ :|:& };:

That little guy looks like he'll provide more forks than I have in my kitchen.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fun with tar

ok, i've figured out my problem with distributed, in Solaris GUI if you click on a tar file it will untar it for you, using paramiters I don't know. now, I've got a tar file in / called dnetc-solaris26-x86.tar i want to install it to the "/Veitch" directory how exactly do I use the tar... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

like to have fun in terminal

Hai Friends I have installed FreeBSD in my system... I have installed it to work in text mode don't have the GUI. The default text color is Black background with White Foreground. I want it to be with Black background with Green Foreground. How could i do that. Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Fun things to put in comments in scripts?

Approaching the end of my portion of some STIG/DOD compliance automation and I was challenged by a co-worker to include a story in my code. There are blocks of code that need to be kept the way they are for GIT/Gerrit and then compliance, but otherwise I changed out all the comments into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

7. War Stories

Following Cables for Fun!

Hi Folks, I came accross this picture taken a number of years ago now, I just thought I'd share it with you guys. We were in the process of removing equipment from the Data Centre and had followed the cable through to this area, where one of the old patch areas had been. When we lifted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)