Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl search and replace file content. Post 302308023 by jxh461 on Thursday 16th of April 2009 11:26:22 PM
Old 04-17-2009
Thanks Cherry. That worked well. I am not yet familiar with the concept of
undef, but I will get there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL

I am very new to Perl. I am struggling so hard to search a date (such as 10/09/2009, 10-09-2009) from a text file and replace with a string (say DATE) using Perl. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Regds Doren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the content

Hi All,sorry for inconvience....please find the attachement for my question i am unable to paste the question here....please help me in slving thisthanksk.k (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search/replace a directory path in a file using perl

Hello All, Here is what I am trying to do and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I have a file that contains the following string(s): WARNING: </d1/test/program1> did not find item1 WARNING: </d1/test/program1> item1 does not exist WARNING: </d1/test/program2> item1 failed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxshop
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Perl Mail @ sign search and replace in a file

HI I'm terribly new to perl .. I;ve been trying to use this command to search and replace entries in a file I tried this and it works perl -p -i -e 's/old/new/' filename Problem is that I have a list of email addresses and I need to serach and replace the entire email address as my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- read search and replace string from the file

Dear all, I have a number of files and each file has two sections separated by a blank line. At the top section, I have lines which describes the values of the alphabetical characters, # s #; 0.123 # p #; 12.3 # d #; -2.33 # f #; 5.68 <blank line> sssssss spfdffff sdfffffff Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & replace content using awk/gsub

Hi, I have two files master.txt & reference.txt. Sample below Master.txt 2372,MTS,AP 919848001104,Airtel,DL 0819,MTS,MUM 919849788001,Airtel,AP 1430,Aircel MP,20 Reference.txt 2372,919848701430,46467 919848002372,2372,47195 2372,919849788001,59027 0819,028803,1 0819,029801,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace content of files using gsub in awk

Hi,I have 2 files master.txt & reference.txt as shown below & i require o/p as mentioned in file 3 using awk but content is not replacing properlymaster.txt:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies
Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Filters::Standard - Standard filters DESCRIPTION
These filters are automatically composed into Mason::Component. FILTERS
Capture ($ref) Uses "$m->capture" to capture the content in $ref instead of outputting it. % $.Capture(my $content) {{ <!-- this will end up in $content --> % }} ... do something with $content CompCall ($path, @args...) Calls the component with path and @args, just as with "$m->scomp", with an additional coderef argument "yield" that can be invoked to generate the content. Arguments passed to "yield" can be accessed inside the content via @_. This is the replacement for Mason 1's Components With Content <http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?HTML::Mason::Devel#Component_Calls_with_Content>. In index.mc: % $.CompCall ('list_items.mi', items => @items) {{ <li><% $_[0] %></li> % }} In list_items.mi: <%class> has 'items'; has 'yield'; </%class> % foreach my $item (@{$.items}) { <% $.yield->($item) %> % } NoBlankLines Remove lines with only whitespace from content. This % $.NoBlankLines {{ hello world % }} yields hello world Repeat ($count) Repeat the content block $count times. Note that the block is re-executed each time, which may result in different content. <!-- Prints 1 to 5 --> % my $i = 1; % $.Repeat(5) {{ <% $i++ %><br> % }} Tee ($ref) Uses "$m->capture" to capture the content in $ref, and also output it. % $.Tee(my $content) {{ <!-- this will end up in $content and also be output --> % }} ... <!-- output content again down here --> <% $content %> Trim Remove whitespace from the beginning and end of the content. SEE ALSO
Mason::Manual::Filters, Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)