Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type Post 302307956 by katwala on Thursday 16th of April 2009 05:29:26 PM
Old 04-16-2009
I forgot one thing: I had tried w/ ur suggestion:
iphdr = (struct iphdr *)((long)&ethhdr + (long)sizeof(struct ethhdr));
and also with
iphdr = (void *)((long)&ethhdr + (long)sizeof(struct ethhdr));

However, I got this error again:

prepare_pcap.c:127: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Accesing structure member:Error:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

$ gcc -Wall -Werror struct.c struct.c: In function `main': struct.c:18: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type $ cat struct.c #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> /*Declaration of structure*/ struct human { char *first; char gender; int age; } man,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
3 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Programming

error: field has incomplete type

Hello there, Here is how it goes - I have written a small test driver as an exercise to "Linux Device Drivers" and as a preparation for writing a real, functional driver. For the sake of seeing how far I got it working (I already implemented the open(0, read(), write() and ioctl() calls) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
4 Replies

4. Solaris

make[2]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.

dear all when i compile any file under solaris it gives the below warning how can i disable it -bash-3.00$ make GNLPFT177 make: Warning: File `GNLPFT177.rc' has modification time 36 s in the future make GNLPFT177.c make: Entering directory `/devapp/jordev/batch/source' make: Warning: File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
3 Replies

5. Programming

error: field `fatx_i' has incomplete type

I'm trying to compile a 2.4.26 kernel but I have to apply two patches to it. The patches are: linux-2.4.26-xbox.patch openMosix-2.4.26-1 This is the reason that it doesn't compile. There is only one error but I'm not familiar with C or C++(Unfortunately only Java and some lower-level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lateralus01
2 Replies

6. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

// Hello all, I am having this error "Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type " on these 2 lines: xpoint = my_point->x; ypoint = my_point->y; I am having no clue y this is happening. Any help would be greately appreciated!!!! #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

7. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to a shared memory struct

I have what should be a relatively simple program (fadec.c) that maps a struct from an included header file (fadec.h) to a shared memory region, but I’m struggling accessing members in the struct from the pointer returned by shmat. Ultimately, I want to access members in the shared memory structure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arette
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

9. Programming

Compilation Error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I am getting a dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error when i compile the following code on lines highlighted in red. Can anyone help me in identifying what is wrong in the code? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> typedef struct{ int info; struct node* link ; } node; void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
3 Replies

10. Programming

Warning: pointer type mismatch

Hi all, I'm new programming in C, so I had the next message in my code: Dual.c:88:20: warning: pointer type mismatch in conditional expression : &clientSa.sin6.sin6.sin6_addr, Any help would be great #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: godna
1 Replies
msgsnap(2)							   System Calls 							msgsnap(2)

NAME
msgsnap - message queue snapshot operation SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/msg.h> msgsnap(int msqid, void *buf, size_t bufsz, long msgtyp); DESCRIPTION
The msgsnap() function reads all of the messages of type msgtyp from the queue associated with the message queue identifier specified by msqid and places them in the user-defined buffer pointed to by buf. The buf argument points to a user-defined buffer that on return will contain first a buffer header structure: struct msgsnap_head { size_t msgsnap_size; /* bytes used/required in the buffer */ size_t msgsnap_nmsg; /* number of messages in the buffer */ }; followed by msgsnap_nmsg messages, each of which starts with a message header: struct msgsnap_mhead { size_t msgsnap_mlen; /* number of bytes in the message */ long msgsnap_mtype; /* message type */ }; and followed by msgsnap_mlen bytes containing the message contents. Each subsequent message header is located at the first byte following the previous message contents, rounded up to a sizeof(size_t) bound- ary. The bufsz argument specifies the size of buf in bytes. If bufsz is less than sizeof(msgsnap_head), msgsnap() fails with EINVAL. If bufsz is insufficient to contain all of the requested messages, msgsnap() succeeds but returns with msgsnap_nmsg set to 0 and with msgsnap_size set to the required size of the buffer in bytes. The msgtyp argument specifies the types of messages requested as follows: o If msgtyp is 0, all of the messages on the queue are read. o If msgtyp is greater than 0, all messages of type msgtyp are read. o If msgtyp is less than 0, all messages with type less than or equal to the absolute value of msgtyp are read. The msgsnap() function is a non-destructive operation. Upon completion, no changes are made to the data structures associated with msqid. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, msgsnap() returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The msgsnap() function will fail if: EACCES Operation permission is denied to the calling process. See intro(2). EINVAL The msqid argument is not a valid message queue identifier or the value of bufsz is less than sizeof(struct msgsnap_head). EFAULT The buf argument points to an illegal address. USAGE
The msgsnap() function returns a snapshot of messages on a message queue at one point in time. The queue contents can change immediately following return from msgsnap(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: msgsnap() example This is sample C code indicating how to use the msgsnap function (see msgids(2)). void process_msgid(int msqid) { size_t bufsize; struct msgsnap_head *buf; struct msgsnap_mhead *mhead; int i; /* allocate a minimum-size buffer */ buf = malloc(bufsize = sizeof(struct msgsnap_head)); /* read all of the messages from the queue */ for (;;) { if (msgsnap(msqid, buf, bufsize, 0) != 0) { perror("msgsnap"); free(buf); return; } if (bufsize >= buf->msgsnap_size) /* we got them all */ break; /* we need a bigger buffer */ buf = realloc(buf, bufsize = buf->msgsnap_size); } /* process each message in the queue (there may be none) */ mhead = (struct msgsnap_mhead *)(buf + 1); /* first message */ for (i = 0; i < buf->msgsnap_nmsg; i++) { size_t mlen = mhead->msgsnap_mlen; /* process the message contents */ process_message(mhead->msgsnap_mtype, (char *)(mhead+1), mlen); /* advance to the next message header */ mhead = (struct msgsnap_mhead *) ((char *)mhead + sizeof(struct msgsnap_mhead) + ((mlen + sizeof(size_t) - 1) & ~(sizeof(size_t) - 1))); } free(buf); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1), intro(2), msgctl(2), msgget(2), msgids(2), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 8 Mar 2000 msgsnap(2)