Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fun scripts
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? fun scripts Post 302307950 by Ikon on Thursday 16th of April 2009 05:07:09 PM
Old 04-16-2009
This is an old one.

At a job interview this was a script I had to explain.

Code:
:(){ :|:& };:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fun with tar

ok, i've figured out my problem with distributed, in Solaris GUI if you click on a tar file it will untar it for you, using paramiters I don't know. now, I've got a tar file in / called dnetc-solaris26-x86.tar i want to install it to the "/Veitch" directory how exactly do I use the tar... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

like to have fun in terminal

Hai Friends I have installed FreeBSD in my system... I have installed it to work in text mode don't have the GUI. The default text color is Black background with White Foreground. I want it to be with Black background with Green Foreground. How could i do that. Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Fun things to put in comments in scripts?

Approaching the end of my portion of some STIG/DOD compliance automation and I was challenged by a co-worker to include a story in my code. There are blocks of code that need to be kept the way they are for GIT/Gerrit and then compliance, but otherwise I changed out all the comments into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

7. War Stories

Following Cables for Fun!

Hi Folks, I came accross this picture taken a number of years ago now, I just thought I'd share it with you guys. We were in the process of removing equipment from the Data Centre and had followed the cable through to this area, where one of the old patch areas had been. When we lifted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
GRAM Job States(3)					       globus gram protocol						GRAM Job States(3)

NAME
GRAM Job States - Enumerations enum globus_gram_protocol_job_state_t { GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_PENDING = 1, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_ACTIVE = 2, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_FAILED = 4, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_DONE = 8, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_SUSPENDED = 16, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_UNSUBMITTED = 32, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_STAGE_IN = 64, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_STAGE_OUT = 128, GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_ALL = 0xFFFFF } Detailed Description The globus_gram_protocol_job_state_t contains information about the current state of the job as known by the job manager. Job state changes are sent by the Job Manager to all registered clients. A client may ask for information from the job manager via the status request. Enumeration Type Documentation enum globus_gram_protocol_job_state_t GRAM Job States. Enumerator: GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_PENDING The job is waiting for resources to become available to run. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_ACTIVE The job has received resources and the application is executing. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_FAILED The job terminated before completion because an error, user-triggered cancel, or system-triggered cancel. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_DONE The job completed successfully. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_SUSPENDED The job has been suspended. Resources which were allocated for this job may have been released due to some scheduler-specific reason. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_UNSUBMITTED The job has not been submitted to the scheduler yet, pending the reception of the GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_SIGNAL_COMMIT_REQUEST signal from a client. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_STAGE_IN The job manager is staging in files to run the job. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_STAGE_OUT The job manager is staging out files generated by the job. GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_JOB_STATE_ALL A mask of all job states. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus gram protocol from the source code. Version 11.3 Mon Apr 30 2012 GRAM Job States(3)