Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find largest and shortest word in eld Post 302307926 by Markwaugh on Thursday 16th of April 2009 04:00:10 PM
Old 04-16-2009
To find largest and shortest word in eld

I got a file called Album in that there is list of songs i want to find the Longest and shortest song name in field 2 ie ($2)....
Please help me with "awk"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

find the 5o largest files in a directory

I'm trying to find the 50 largest file in a directory named /sasdb and its' subdirectories. I'm using the find command and a pipe to awk Not sure if I'm actually getting the largest files from this directory and its subdirectories. Here is the code I used... find /sasdb -ls | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find largest file

Hi, 1)I have XX directory and have lot of files ,I want to find largest file in that directory 2)how calculate the size of file in MB. Thanks, Mohan (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
15 Replies

3. HP-UX

find the largest file in whole system

find the largest file in whole system (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and display largest file on system

What is the correct command for finding and displaying the largest file on the system? I don't know how to specify "largest" with "find", and pipe that to something that will display the file contents. Or should I be using cat, more, less, ls, or something else? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find largest files

Hello, i am on linux 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp , and i would be very greatfull if someone could help to find the largest files on that server. I know i can find files with find command or list them with ls , but is there a way that i could list let's say 10 biggest files on server ? :o (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to find largest files in a directory

What is the best way to find the largest files in a directory? I used du -k|sort -rn |less. I got a results for this. But if I used the following command , I got another result...a different order in the same directory. Why is that? ls -la |awk '{print $5," ",$9}' sort -rn|less. I saw that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find largest file.

Hi All, Is there a direct Linux command to find the largest file by checking recursively in all the directories. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Find the largest file in the given directory.

Hi Experts, 1. In unix how to list the largest file in given directory. The answer will in single line statement. 2. I have Sun solaris live CD .I try to compile sample c program using "CC compiler".But its shows "cc command not found". Please help on this. Thanks in advance.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkl
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the shortest line which containing a key string?

hi all, suppose a key string: M0271857 and to find all lines containing this key string in a text file which returns multiple lines but i only want the shortest one is there a way to do that? thanks so much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)

NAME
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song - a song object with some audio tags VERSION
version 1.120881 DESCRIPTION
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song is more a placeholder with some attributes. Those attributes are taken from the song tags, so some of them can be empty depending on the file. The constructor should only be called by Audio::MPD::Common::Item's constructor. ATTRIBUTES
album Album of the song. (format code: %d) artist Artist of the song. (format code: %a) albumartist Artist of the album. (format code: %A) composer Song composer. (format code: %C) date Last modification date of the song. (format code: %M) disc Disc number of the album. This is a string to allow tags such as "1/2". (format code: %D) file Path to the song. Only attribute which will always be defined. (format code: %f) genre Genre of the song. (format code: %g) id Id of the song in MPD's database. (format code: %i) last_modified Last time the song was modified. (format code: %m) name Name of the song (for http streams). (format code: %N) performer Song performer. (format code: %P) pos Position of the song in the playlist. (format code: %p) title Title of the song. (format code: %t) track Track number of the song. (format code: %n) time Length of the song in seconds. (format code: %l) METHODS
as_string my $str = $song->as_string( [$format] ); Return a string representing $song. If $format is specified, use it to format the string. Otherwise, the string returned will be: either "album = track = artist = title" or "artist = title" or "title" or "file" (in this order), depending on the existing tags of the song. The last possibility always exist of course, since it's a path. This method is also used to automatically stringify the $song. WARNING: the format codes are not yet definitive and may be subject to change! AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-01 Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)