Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing password having special characters Post 302307864 by ssuresh1999 on Thursday 16th of April 2009 01:28:53 PM
Old 04-16-2009
Thanks for your replies will test and let you know

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[OpenServer 5]Line Printing and special character (é @)

Hello, On Sco OpenServer 5, i want to print using the lpr command, no CUPS installed. I print on an HP LaserJet 4050 on LAN (IP 192.168.x.x) the printer is installed by HP Network Printer service. it works fine, but Specials characters, like é, @ or ° print bad characters. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tankd
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing special character in bash

I am using this character as a delimiter 'þ' Currently, I set it straight: DELIMITER='þ' However, while copying the file, this character often gets mangled. Is there a bash way (perhaps using tr or printf) of generating this character. It corresponds to "chr(0xfe)" if using perl. (I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOw to find special characters

I have flat file which has data like this glid¿as_liste¿025175456 How can I print these lines into new file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to replace value of password tag in xml with blanks when special characters are there?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the values inside <password> tag in an xml file but it doesn't replace certain passwords: For eg: Server/home/sperinc>cat TextXML.txt <appIds> <entry name="AccountXref"> <type id="ldap"> <realm>nam</realm> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
7 Replies
GTESTER(1)							   User Commands							GTESTER(1)

NAME
gtester - test running utility SYNOPSIS
gtester [OPTION...] [testprogram] DESCRIPTION
gtester is a utility to run unit tests that have been written using the GLib test framework. When called with the -o option, gtester writes an XML report of the test results, which can be converted into HTML using the gtester-report utility. OPTIONS
-h, --help print help and exit -v, --version print version information and exit --g-fatal-warnings make warnings fatal -k, --keep-going continue running after tests failed -l list paths of available test cases -m=MODE run test cases in MODE, which can be one of: perf run performance tests slow, thorough run slow tests, or repeat non-deterministic tests more often quick do not run slow or performance tests, or do extra repeats of non-deterministic tests (default) undefined run test cases that deliberately provoke checks or assertion failures, if implemented (default) no-undefined do not run test cases that deliberately provoke checks or assertion failures -p=TESTPATH only run test cases matching TESTPATH -s=TESTPATH skip test cases matching TESTPATH --seed=SEEDSTRING run all test cases with random number seed SEEDSTRING -o=LOGFILE write the test log to LOGFILE -q, --quiet suppress per test binary output --verbose report success per testcase SEE ALSO
gtester-report(1) GLib GTESTER(1)