Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it Post 302307670 by pludi on Thursday 16th of April 2009 04:05:40 AM
Old 04-16-2009
I don't think so. Usually, a hardware device disabled in the BIOS isn't visible to the OS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX

I am very new to Unix. We have a Unix user account that was disabled due to multiple tries with an invalid password. How to enable the account? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kajap
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disabled telnet now need port 23 or port 22

we disabled telnet on solaris 9 via previous a thread. We use CMS (call management system) supervisor which used port 23 (telnet). We cannot use telnet via local directive and it was shut down as stated when we shut down telnet in the inetd file. I cannot now log into the CMS box since port 23 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panzerkw
3 Replies

3. Solaris

network on solaris 10, through usb port...(urgent)

hi all, I have been trying to setup network on solaris10 from a long time but am unable to do so.. I tried it with the ethernet card i have(dfe -520tx) but since i was not able to find drivers for that particular device, i thought of using the usb mode to run network.. However am not able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to watch the usb port

I want to watch the USB ports. If any device is connected to the USB port I want to take the name of the device and I want to log the device name. how to watch all the USB ports. How to find the device is connected in which usb port. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Enable ftp port

Hi Experts, Need your help in enabling the ftp port in HP-UX box. Is there any command/config file that needs to be changed? Also is it possible to open it only for few selected IPs only? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting/Resetting a USB Port?

Hello All, So I have been running into an issue with a USB Modem where if someone ends their dialin connection abruptly from the other side the modem gets stuck and I found that the only way to fix it is to either unplug the USB Modem and plug it back in, or just reboot. I'd rather not reboot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

USB port events linstening

Hi everybody! :) I am a complete newbie. :D Is it possible to write a script (shell or python) to listen to usb port event and to notify me every time an usb storage key is plugged or ejected? I want it to echo the device to mount (eg. /dev/sdb). I wrote an udev rule wich runs a script after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manuhexadec
1 Replies
usb_as(7D)							      Devices								usb_as(7D)

NAME
usb_as - USB audio streaming driver SYNOPSIS
sound@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The usb_as driver is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant client driver that supports the USB Audio Class 1.0 specification. The usb_as driver processes audio data messages during play and record and sets sample frequency, precision, encoding and other functions on request from the USB audio control driver. See usb_ac(7D). This driver is plumbed under the USB audio control driver and does not directly interface with the user application. FILES
/kernel/drv/usb_as 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/amd64/usb_as 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/usb_as 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86, PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Stability level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mixerctl(1), attributes(5), usba(7D), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), mixer(7I), streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers Universal Serial Bus Specification 1.0 and 1.1 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGNOSTICS
In addition to being logged, the following messages may appear on the system console. All messages are formatted in the following manner: Warning: <device path> (usb_as<instance num>): Error Message... where <device path> is the physical path to the device in /devices directory. No bandwidth available. There is no bandwidth available for the isochronous pipe. As a result, no data will be transferred during play and record. Operating a full/high speed audio device on a high speed port is not supported. The USB software does not currently support full or high speed audio devices connected to an external USB 2.0 hub that is linked to a port of a USB 2.0 host controller. Audio devices must be connected directly to a port of a USB 2.0 controller or to any USB 1.1 port. Cannot access device. Please reconnect <name>. There was an error in accessing the device during reconnect. Please reconnect the device. Device is not identical to the previous one on this port. Please disconnect and reconnect. A USB audio streaming interface was hot-removed while open. A new device was hot-inserted which is not identical to the original USB audio device. Please disconnect the USB device and reconnect the device to the same port. NOTES
The USB audio streaming interface will be power managed if the device is idle. SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 usb_as(7D)