Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use catch, try and final in bash script Post 302307639 by ryanW on Thursday 16th of April 2009 01:52:45 AM
Old 04-16-2009
Thank you pludi and Corona688...

Regarding "tranditional logic, means normal logical... like if else...

I think shell script can do the OO function, just wan to know how its works for the (SQLException e) and (IOException e).

thankx...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

Hello, I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values. I was able to assign a single return value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch ENTER key inside the shell script?

Hi, I have a script in which i have to ask user to press the ENTER key to proceed further. can you please help me how can i achive this in my scripting? echo "All the executables builded Successfully " echo " Press Enter to Go Back to the Main Menu" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

I tried searching the forum for similar posts but its closed now. Would appreciate any help on this. I am trying to capture return value from a select query into a variable. DB is Oracle I am able to spool it to a file but I donot intend to use it. Here is my script that does not work ;) I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: monie2717
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch sql error in script?

Hi Gurus, I have a script which send sql query to oracle db and return value to my script. dummy code like below: sqlplus -s user/${PASSWD}@${ORACLE_SID} @${DIR}/query.sql > outputfile using above code, when query has error, it send error to same out put file and exit code is 0, is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)