Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use catch, try and final in bash script Post 302307600 by ryanW on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 10:39:23 PM
Old 04-15-2009
How to use catch, try and final in bash script

Hi Everyone,

How to use catch, try and final in bash script?
what is (SQLException e) and (IOException e), who to conver this 2 function to bash script?

Thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

Hello, I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values. I was able to assign a single return value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch ENTER key inside the shell script?

Hi, I have a script in which i have to ask user to press the ENTER key to proceed further. can you please help me how can i achive this in my scripting? echo "All the executables builded Successfully " echo " Press Enter to Go Back to the Main Menu" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

I tried searching the forum for similar posts but its closed now. Would appreciate any help on this. I am trying to capture return value from a select query into a variable. DB is Oracle I am able to spool it to a file but I donot intend to use it. Here is my script that does not work ;) I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: monie2717
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch sql error in script?

Hi Gurus, I have a script which send sql query to oracle db and return value to my script. dummy code like below: sqlplus -s user/${PASSWD}@${ORACLE_SID} @${DIR}/query.sql > outputfile using above code, when query has error, it send error to same out put file and exit code is 0, is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)