Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conversion of .xls file to .csv file Post 302307433 by chaturvedi on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 10:34:57 AM
Old 04-15-2009
Error Conversion of .xls file to .csv file

Hi Folks,

I've to convert manually couple of *.xls files to *.csv files everyday Smilie
so i was just wondering if anyone could just help me with a shell script or awk script to automate the process Smilie

PS : Problem is that i cannot use any third party software for the conversion.

Thanking you in advance.
-chaturvedi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the csv file into different worksheets of xls file

Hi, I have a script which will generate three csv files. i want to copy the contents of these csv files into a .XLS file but in different worksheets. Can a this be done in the same script? :confused: Can Perl come to my help in coping the csv files into different worksheets of .XLS file ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

From xls to csv file

Can we convert an xls file into csv format in Unix Thanks Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.xls to .csv conversion

Hi Please can someone tell me how i can convert .xls file into .csv on both platforms, windows and unix. many thanks, neil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil546
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a csv file to an xls format

Hi, I have a file coming in xxx.txt(csv format) i do some work on it and i need to send out as a .xls format. Is there any way there is some code i can use in my script to convert this? I'm struggling on this. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to convert csv file to xls file

Hi All, I have a java program running in AIX machine which gives me the output in form of .CSV but my clients wants output in the form of .xls When I gave the command mv <filename.csv> <filename.xls> The contents of this .xls file is not exactly in seprate columns as in CSV, the contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetu777
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting .csv file into .xls file and send it to inbox

Hi All, I wrote a script to extract data from Oracle DB and place it in a text file , and I have coverted .txt file into comma seperated .csv file and I sent it to my mail box . I can get .xls file in my inbox.I am getting all data in same column and in different rows , without column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krthkmuthu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a xls file to csv?

Hi, My requirement is to convert the xls to csv file with utf-8 conversion. Is there any way please suggest me. Thanks, Raja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this file and obtain a .csv or .xls

Hello Expert, I have a file in the following format: SYNTAX_VERSION 5 MONITOR "NAME_TEMPLATES" DESCRIPTION "Monitors for contents of error " INTERVAL "1m" MONPROG "script.sh NAME_TEMPLATES" MAXTHRESHOLD GEN_BELOW_RESET SEVERITY Major ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant-one
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate .csv/ xls file report

There can be thousand of .ksh in a specific directory where sql files are called from ksh. Requirement is to loop through all the files content and generate a report like below: Jobname Type type sqlname gemd1970 sql daily tran01 gemw1971 sql weekly ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
6 Replies
trbdf(1)							   User Manuals 							  trbdf(1)

NAME
trbdf - convert BDF-font from one encoding to other SYNOPSIS
trbdf -C | -l | -h trbdf [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [--foundry[=] new-foundry ] BDF-font DESCRIPTION
trbdf is a program for translation of BDF fonts from one encoding to other. One exciting feature of trbdf is that it tries to approximate the symbols that miss from the font or from the encoding of the font with existing symbols when possible. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trbdf will generate an awk(1) script for translation of BDF-fonts for fixed combination of input- codeset and output-codeset This is useful for faster convertion of many files. This script is used as filter. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given the BDF-font will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On stan- dard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset Both input-codeset and output-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert BDF-font. This option is usefull if you have to convert many fonts. The generated script expects the input font from its standard input and outputs the converted font. -l, --list List all known codesets. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source font. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the generated font. --foundry[=]new-foundry Use this option if you want to change the foundry of the generated fonts. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
bdftopcf(1x) trscripts NOV 2002 trbdf(1)