Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Type of RAID
Operating Systems Solaris Type of RAID Post 302307426 by pupp on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 10:13:29 AM
Old 04-15-2009
if you believe you have hardware raid, you may need to use a utility provided by that vendor. say you run solx86 on the HP DL series of servers, you would look into using hpacucli to manage your hardware raid.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

raid type

how to get the raid type of a mount if I am using solaris disksuite? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to identify the raid type on aix

hi how to identify the raid type on aix? thx (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Linux

how to identify the raid type on Linux?

Hi any idea on why I am getting this? /sbin/mdadm --detail /dev/md0 mdadm: md device /dev/md0 does not appear to be active. thanks. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
extlinux(1)						      General Commands Manual						       extlinux(1)

NAME
extlinux - install the SYSLINUX bootloader on a ext2/ext3 filesystem SYNOPSIS
extlinux [options] directory DESCRIPTION
EXTLINUX is a new syslinux derivative, which boots from a Linux ext2/ext3 filesystem. It works the same way as SYSLINUX, with a few slight modifications. It is intended to simplify first-time installation of Linux, and for creation of rescue and other special-purpose boot disks. The installer is designed to be run on a mounted directory. For example, if you have an ext2 or ext3 usb key mounted on /mnt, you can run the following command: extlinux --install /mnt OPTIONS
-H, --heads=# Force the number of heads. -i, --install Install over the current bootsector. -O, --clear-once Clear the boot-once command. -o, --once=command Execute a command once upon boot. -r, --raid Fall back to the next device on boot failure. --reset-adv Reset auxiliary data. -S, --sectors=# Force the number of sectors per track. -U, --update Updates a previous EXTLINUX installation. -z, --zip Force zipdrive geometry (-H 64 -S 32). BUGS
I would appreciate hearing of any problems you have with SYSLINUX. I would also like to hear from you if you have successfully used SYS- LINUX, especially if you are using it for a distribution. If you are reporting problems, please include all possible information about your system and your BIOS; the vast majority of all problems reported turn out to be BIOS or hardware bugs, and I need as much information as possible in order to diagnose the problems. There is a mailing list for discussion among SYSLINUX users and for announcements of new and test versions. To join, send a message to majordomo@linux.kernel.org with the line: SEE ALSO
syslinux(1) SYSLINUX for ext2/ext3 filesystem 18 December 2007 extlinux(1)