Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Q: AIX dynamic linked libs
Operating Systems AIX Q: AIX dynamic linked libs Post 302307349 by SBatra on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 06:42:49 AM
Old 04-15-2009
Try using -L"path for .so file" -labc
eg:
Your libabc.so file is in /usr/lib/ folder then to link you would write
-L(/usr/lib) -labc
or put the path into a variable before using.

Regards,
Sebby

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX / bull Dynamic System Partitions

Hi does any body knows some usefull oneline ressources about systemp partitioning ? A FaQ would be perfect... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguis
0 Replies

2. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

3. Programming

default location of libs in dlopen

Hi Where is the default location of libs to search, when we specify any lib in dlopen function. And if we want to specify a custom location, how will we do it? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumsin
1 Replies

4. Programming

Seeking Some libs for AIX 5.3

hello everybody! I m compiling some program with the g++ on AIX 5.3 and it needs some library that i didn't find them i am new with the AIX here is the compilation error : g++ -Daix -fpic -o printps -lxercesc1_1 -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ -L/epost2/blitz/lib -lhmltods -lhmltops -lgeneric... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

5. AIX

runtime libs accessed by application in AIX

Hi , I need some inputs on runtime or shared libs for an application(s) in AIX . i have a requirement saying i need to rehost all the production applications into new AIX OS . Here Source and target oS is AIX but with different versions so for this i need to identify what are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

6. AIX

Dynamic $PS1 content on AIX 4.2 ?

I am trying to set a dynamic PS1 that will change its content no matter what the user does. But I am finding that the shell variables I put in it do not get refreshed. One simple example of what I mean : PS1="$HOSTNAME:$USER $PWD > " if the user changes directory, the PWD variable is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

8. Programming

shared libs

The gcc version is different on my computer than on the remote computer. An ldd on my program says: Is there any way I can tell gcc to compile my program against my version of libc-2.7.so and ld-2.7.so (which I would provide along with the program) instead of the remote computer's libs ? (I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
5 Replies

9. SuSE

How to get RPM Dependencies/libs

Hi All, I wanted to install an rpm package on two suse 10 systems. It installed successfully on one system but on the other it throws an error like error: Failed dependencies: rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by linuxProj-1-1.noarch Now this means that rpnm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirshah
4 Replies

10. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies
netatalk-config(1)					       The Netatalk Project						netatalk-config(1)

NAME
netatalk-config - script to get information about the installed version of netatalk SYNOPSIS
netatalk-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec_prefix[=DIR]] [--help] [--version] [--libs] [--libs-dirs] [--libs-names] [--cflags] [--macros] DESCRIPTION
netatalk-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use the netatalk run-time libraries. OPTIONS
netatalk-config accepts the following options: --help Print a short help for this command and exit. --version Print the currently installed version of netatalk on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link against the netatalk run-time libraries. --libs-dirs Print only the -l/-R part of --libs. --libs-names Print only the -l part of --libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program linked against the netatalk run-time libraries. --macros Print the netatalk m4 directory. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that netatalk was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec_prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that netatalk was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998 Owen Taylor Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. Man page adapted for netatalk-config by Sebastian Rittau in 2001. netatalk 1.5pre6 09 June 2001 netatalk-config(1)