Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Opera on the Rise? FF in Decline? Post 302307343 by Neo on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 06:31:55 AM
Old 04-15-2009
Opera on the Rise? FF in Decline?

In our poll of browsers, FF3 was the clear winner with Opera a distance second.

For me, I am starting to have problems with FF3 taking too much CPU and causing my laptop to overheat, so I recently switched to Opera on my desktop. I already use Opera Mini on my mobile phone.

I am starting to like Opera and am using it more than FF3 because it is faster and does not hog my CPU as much. I like how Opera synchronizes bookmarks between all my devices, including Opera Mini.

If you use both Opera and FF3, what do you think? Is Opera on the rise versus FF3?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

The OPERA browser

I have just seen someone using the OPERA browser - it looks quite good and seems to have a friendly GUI. Can I get this for UNIX(Solaris 8 is my OS)??? Does anyone have this installed on their UNIX workstation?? How is it performing?? All comments and advice is welcome!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Opera 9.5 for Sparc

Has anyone gotten Opera 9.5 to work? I'm using Solaris Sparc 5.10. The browser is unusable. It crashes even when viewing Opera's Desktop Team blog. I've asked Opera about this, but no reply. I've never been able to get the 9.5 betas to work either. From one Opera user's blog, I don't see any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sudden rise in heap memory of a process

Hi, There is a abrupt memory rise observed for a process on solaris. When the process is started the memory is around 268 MB and is stable for a day. Then suddenly the memory increased to 4364 MB. Below is the pmap -xs output for the process (only for heap) Address Kbytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nidds
1 Replies
EPIPHANY(1)                                                                                                                            EPIPHANY(1)

NAME
epiphany - simple to use web browser for GNOME SYNOPSIS
epiphany [OPTION...] [url] DESCRIPTION
Help options -?, --help Show help options Application options -n, --new-tab Open a new tab in an existing browser window --new-window Open a new browser window -b, --bookmarks-editor Launch the bookmarks editor --import-bookmarks=FILE Import bookmarks from the given file -l, --load-session=FILE Load the given session file -t, --add-bookmark=URL Add a bookmark --private-instance Start a private instance --profile=FILE Profile directory to use in the private instance --display=DISPLAY X display to use --version Show version Epiphany has a comprehensive help system. Run the browser and select Help from the menu. AUTHOR
Written by Marco Pesenti Gritti, Christian Persch and others. GNOME May 2006 EPIPHANY(1)