Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPP to PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CPP to PERL Post 302307262 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 03:16:19 AM
Old 04-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Learner
Hi all,

can we convert a cpp program to perl scripting ?
yes of course. if you are proficient in both, do it by hand.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi Modem Problem And cpp

Hi am very new to unix.I got installed linux mandrake and the first problem is whith the modem i don't know why but it does not work. i config it on /dev/modem and some time it says "the modem is bussy" and some time it says: "Modem ready" but the modem did'n switch on Ok the other question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. Programming

cpp in unix

sir i am trying to compile and execute cpp file in unix the command cpp <filename > is not working do you suggest any other command? thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyapidugu
5 Replies

3. Programming

gcccommand found how to do with cpp

gcc help iam using kubuntu os (www.ubuntu.com) in that i dont find gcc but cpp command is there how to compile code with that & how to use gij for java in ubuntu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with kerberos cpp project

Hi All, I am having problem with kerberos kadmin library in c++. I am using red hat linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga), and gcc c++ - 4.1.1-52.el4.i386. When I make a c project (main.c) and use function from kadmin library such as kadm5_init_krb5_context(&context); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If file = .cpp then print?

I'm trying to develop a script that makes it so only .cpp programs can print. I'm doing it for my computer programming class because everyone keeps printing the executable instead of the source code and it's wasting a lot of paper. How can I accomplish this? Thanks for the help. :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish_Cereal
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a cpp file

I need to find all the methods in a cpp file ... using shell script Pls guide me regarding the grep criteria for searching methods I mean what are the patterns to be grepped in *.cpp which match methods Hope i have made myself clear Thanks and Regards -- Ultimatix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

7. Programming

exit in cpp

In a program if we call exit(0), it exits the program and before that it closes all opened stream. In C++, it even does destroys the created objects. Is there any function available, which if called will do some basic clean ups (which includes object destruction) ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to find out a function name in a cpp file

I have an error in my logs as it shows some function name . 1. I dnt know where is the file.cpp located only i know the machine . 2. How to find out that the function name is loacated in which path and which file into that machine. Thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madfox
1 Replies

9. Programming

.h or .cpp

I have the code below and cannot decide if to put it in a .h file or in a .cpp file #ifndef VERBOSE_H #define VERBOSE_H #include "sstring.h" enum Verbose { none = 0, low = 1, medium = 2, high = 3, diag = 4 }; bool GetVerbose(String& S, Verbose& V) { S.ToUpper(); if (S ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
SLAPD-PERL(5)							File Formats Manual						     SLAPD-PERL(5)

NAME
slapd-perl - Perl backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The Perl backend to slapd(8) works by embedding a perl(1) interpreter into slapd(8). Any perl database section of the configuration file slapd.conf(5) must then specify what Perl module to use. Slapd then creates a new Perl object that handles all the requests for that par- ticular instance of the backend. You will need to create a method for each one of the following actions: * new # creates a new object, * search # performs the ldap search, * compare # does a compare, * modify # modifies an entry, * add # adds an entry to backend, * modrdn # modifies an entry's rdn, * delete # deletes an ldap entry, * config # process unknown config file lines, * init # called after backend is initialized. Unless otherwise specified, the methods return the result code which will be returned to the client. Unimplemented actions can just return unwillingToPerform (53). new This method is called when the configuration file encounters a perlmod line. The module in that line is then effectively `use'd into the perl interpreter, then the new method is called to create a new object. Note that multiple instances of that object may be instantiated, as with any perl object. The new method receives the class name as argument. search This method is called when a search request comes from a client. It arguments are as follows: * object reference * base DN * scope * alias dereferencing policy * size limit * time limit * filter string * attributes only flag (1 for yes) * list of attributes to return (may be empty) Return value: (resultcode, ldif-entry, ldif-entry, ...) compare This method is called when a compare request comes from a client. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * dn * attribute assertion string modify This method is called when a modify request comes from a client. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * dn * a list formatted as follows ({ "ADD" | "DELETE" | "REPLACE" }, attributetype, value...)... add This method is called when a add request comes from a client. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * entry in string format modrdn This method is called when a modrdn request comes from a client. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * dn * new rdn * delete old dn flag (1 means yes) delete This method is called when a delete request comes from a client. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * dn config This method is called with unknown slapd.conf(5) configuration file lines. Its arguments are as follows. * object reference * array of arguments on line Return value: nonzero if this is not a valid option. init This method is called after backend is initialized. Its argument is as follows. * object reference Return value: nonzero if initialization failed. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the PERL backend database. That is, they must follow a "database perl" line and come before any subse- quent "backend" or "database" lines. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. perlModulePath /path/to/libs Add the path to the @INC variable. perlModule ModName `Use' the module name ModName from ModName.pm filterSearchResults Search results are candidates that need to be filtered (with the filter in the search request), rather than search results to be returned directly to the client. EXAMPLE
There is an example Perl module `SampleLDAP' in the slapd/back-perl/ directory in the OpenLDAP source tree. ACCESS CONTROL
The perl backend does not honor any of the access control semantics described in slapd.access(5); all access control is delegated to the underlying PERL scripting. Only read (=r) access to the entry pseudo-attribute and to the other attribute values of the entries returned by the search operation is honored, which is performed by the frontend. WARNING
The interface of this backend to the perl module MAY change. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd(8), perl(1). OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 SLAPD-PERL(5)