Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to get Row Count of ZIP Files Post 302307219 by zaxxon on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 01:22:12 AM
Old 04-15-2009
An example how it could look like:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

IN_DIR=./tmp
OUTFILE=infofile

ls -1 ${IN_DIR} |\
while read LINE; do
        ROW_COUNT=`zcat ${IN_DIR}/${LINE}| wc -l`
        printf "%-10s%s\n" "${ROW_COUNT}" "${LINE}" >> ${OUTFILE}
done

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

row count of all files with more than 0 byte

Hi, Is there any way to get count number of lines in all files which have more than o bytes in current directory for example : in /user/sri/ there are 3 files abc 0 bytes def 5 bytes ghi 10 bytes i need to get wc -l for all files which have > 0 bytes at a time ..is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri2005
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to take row count

hi i am pretty new to unix .i am ETL guy I need a unix script to take row count of a file and write it to another file the problem with wc-l is it include filename also wc -l abc.dat will give me like 1000 abc.dat i just want 1000 to be written can u just take 2 min to write a simple... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

row count of 60 files in one file

hi all plz some unix guy help me in this i have 60 files which will have some records i want to find the total number of records in all the 60 files like file1 has 60 and file2 has 70 record i want to sum all these and find total row count in 60 files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count identical strings print last row and count

I have a sorted file like: Apple 3 Apple 5 Apple 8 Banana 2 Banana 3 Grape 31 Orange 7 Orange 13 I'd like to search $1 and if $1 is not the same as $1 in the previous row print that row and print the number of times $1 was found. so the output would look like: Apple 8 3 Banana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zip the files if count is more than 0 and send a mail

All, I am new to shell scripting and trying to get the count of files that starts with error and with extension .out, if the count is greater than 0 and zip the file and send an email with the content of error.out file, here is my script cd /temp testcount =$('find . -name '*.out' -print |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckydoll
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)