Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A simple intrusion detection script Post 302307180 by qneill on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 09:48:17 PM
Old 04-14-2009
Might I suggest as well:
Code:
@@ -29,6 +29,7 @@
         rm -f $TEMP $TEMP.diff
 else
         mv $TEMP $SIGS
+        chmod 600 $SIGS
         echo "No prior existing report."
 fi

--
qneill

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Intrusion Detection - System Call Introspection

can u give me a code for host based intrusion detection using system call introspection... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

key detection in a script

Heloo every one I want to write a script that detects a key press and mouse click and movement,but I dont know how. The second one is I want to run myscript without writing the shell ie not "sh script.sh" but "script.sh" Can you help me out of here? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enoch99
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File detection then run script

I am currently running 4 scripts to complete a job for me. Each script requires the finished file of the one before it. For example the first script gets the finished file called model.x, then i would like script2 to start in and use model.x as the input and get model_min.x as the finished... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need bash script Intrusion Detection on Linux

Hello all I have a script but I failed on the creation of Script is any is carried out in the shell sends the owner of the server, the message is has been implemented For example, functioned as a detection system intruders but in smaller Is it possible to help if you allow I want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
4 Replies

5. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)