Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Modifying sniffex.c to include concepts of parallel programming or threads Post 302307080 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 02:11:01 PM
Old 04-14-2009
Code tags for code please, [ code ] stuff [ /code ] without the extra spaces in the tags.

What have you been trying? What precisely is multithreading supposed to do here?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Performance engineering concepts

Hello, I would like get idea about performance enginering from basic to advanced level. Do anyone know a place where i can find some videos related to performance engineering ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID concepts.

can anyone explain me the RAID concepts clearly. I studied some book bt i didnt get any clear idea. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing socket struct between kernel threads - module programming

I write kernel module with kernel threads using linux/kthread.h on 2.6.* kernel I tried to passing data between two kernel threads with data argument of kthread_run( fun, data , NAME ); but this is not work I dont know why. I tried many possibility and nothing works. So I thought that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
0 Replies

4. Programming

can some1 help me in Modifying sniffex.c

hi plz help me modifying the following code (use pcap) to include concepts of parallel programming or multi threading. I am trying from the past 1 week to change the code and apply concepts of threads but have been unsuccessful.. pls guide me.. /* This section contains additional information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka.bhagvanji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return code for parallel running threads

Hi, How to use the return code, for parallel running threads. Ex- grep pattern1 file1 file2 file3 file4 & grep pattern1 file5 file6 file7 file8 & grep pattern1 file9 file10 file11 file12 & return_code=$? if (return_code -eq 0) then echo "pattern found" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

socket programming using threads

Hi, 1)i wrote a program which acts lik a client gateway serving clients request and sending probe msg`s to server to chech if its active.. 2)both moduels interact when run independently my problem is that when i tr to run them as two different threads in a single program(client_gateway prog to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
4 Replies

7. Programming

Need Help in Programming using Threads.

Hi , i am very new to threads.. need help to build the following program. Please if possible provide me the program. The program should be in C language working in Linux operating systems. Q) Execute a program using any thread library to create the number of threads specified by the user; each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshgauns
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix concepts help

Team, I am working in unix perl . i have come across scenarios where there are lots of unix concepts are being used. For example, Handle, pipes, forking ,data sharing between processes,parallel processing and so on. I need some conceptual explanation about the unix system . I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdsaleemj
5 Replies

9. High Performance Computing

Programming parallel for C++ and Python application

I am looking to have a C++ and Python application developed using the processing power of at least one GPU. We are already using Boost, so Boost.MPI comes to mind. We already have some experience in developing C++ applications for multi-core CPUs by using threading. However, since we have not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CGI::Pretty(3pm)