Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Modifying sniffex.c to include concepts of parallel programming or threads Post 302307080 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 02:11:01 PM
Old 04-14-2009
Code tags for code please, [ code ] stuff [ /code ] without the extra spaces in the tags.

What have you been trying? What precisely is multithreading supposed to do here?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Performance engineering concepts

Hello, I would like get idea about performance enginering from basic to advanced level. Do anyone know a place where i can find some videos related to performance engineering ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID concepts.

can anyone explain me the RAID concepts clearly. I studied some book bt i didnt get any clear idea. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing socket struct between kernel threads - module programming

I write kernel module with kernel threads using linux/kthread.h on 2.6.* kernel I tried to passing data between two kernel threads with data argument of kthread_run( fun, data , NAME ); but this is not work I dont know why. I tried many possibility and nothing works. So I thought that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
0 Replies

4. Programming

can some1 help me in Modifying sniffex.c

hi plz help me modifying the following code (use pcap) to include concepts of parallel programming or multi threading. I am trying from the past 1 week to change the code and apply concepts of threads but have been unsuccessful.. pls guide me.. /* This section contains additional information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka.bhagvanji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return code for parallel running threads

Hi, How to use the return code, for parallel running threads. Ex- grep pattern1 file1 file2 file3 file4 & grep pattern1 file5 file6 file7 file8 & grep pattern1 file9 file10 file11 file12 & return_code=$? if (return_code -eq 0) then echo "pattern found" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

socket programming using threads

Hi, 1)i wrote a program which acts lik a client gateway serving clients request and sending probe msg`s to server to chech if its active.. 2)both moduels interact when run independently my problem is that when i tr to run them as two different threads in a single program(client_gateway prog to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
4 Replies

7. Programming

Need Help in Programming using Threads.

Hi , i am very new to threads.. need help to build the following program. Please if possible provide me the program. The program should be in C language working in Linux operating systems. Q) Execute a program using any thread library to create the number of threads specified by the user; each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshgauns
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix concepts help

Team, I am working in unix perl . i have come across scenarios where there are lots of unix concepts are being used. For example, Handle, pipes, forking ,data sharing between processes,parallel processing and so on. I need some conceptual explanation about the unix system . I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdsaleemj
5 Replies

9. High Performance Computing

Programming parallel for C++ and Python application

I am looking to have a C++ and Python application developed using the processing power of at least one GPU. We are already using Boost, so Boost.MPI comes to mind. We already have some experience in developing C++ applications for multi-core CPUs by using threading. However, since we have not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)