Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling sqlplus, read table return etc Post 302307057 by TimHortons on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 01:40:43 PM
Old 04-14-2009
Hey all thanks, I did some research and I found infor on UTIL_FILE. Quesion with regrads to this, Do I not need to add the directory I want to the UTIL_FILE_DIR in order to work?

ORA-29280: invalid directory path
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 33
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 436
ORA-06512: at line 30

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus from shell

Hi All, I am executing the following code :- sqlplus -s ${DATABASE_USER} |& print -p -- 'set feed off pause off pages 0 head off veri off line 500' print -p -- 'set term off time off serveroutput on size 1000000' print -p -- "set sqlprompt ''" print -p -- "SELECT run_command from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suds19
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files

Hi all, Iam facing a lot of problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files from shell. What is the standard procedures to be taken care. Any help would be useful for me. Thanks in advance, Ganapati. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus from within a for loop

i'm not new to programming, but i AM new to unix scripting. here's my deal. this works: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" /oracle_home/bin/sqlplus username/password@MYDB<<EOF SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EMPLOYEES; EOF exit echo "GOODBYE" this doesn't: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" for x in 1 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akosz
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to access Oracle table using sqlplus

Hi, I want to use sqlplus from server1 sqlplus usr1/pass1@dns1 and I want to connect to an Oracle database from a server2. Unfortunately the database was created on the server1 and on server2. So when I use the command just like that...it connects to the database from the server2. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling store procedure using SQLPLUS in unix

Hi, I am facing the following error in calling the stored procedure from SQLPLUS in unix environment. SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> var store number; SQL> exec test_proc(:store, 200); BEGIN TEST_PROC(:store, 200); END; * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep7986
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate table $TABLE -- SQLPLUS

I want to truncate a table using sqlplus where the table name is in shell variable: I am using : sqlplus -s / <<end truncate table $TABLE end (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid $ symbol while calling sqlplus in shellscript.

Hi All, we have requirement, i am created a shell script , inside i am connecting sqlplus and execute the query. below my code for your reference. get_sqlid () { sqlid=$( sqlplus -s $PBDW_USERID/$PBDW_PW@$PBDW_SID <<EOF DEFINE TBLNAME=$1 set feedback off set serverout on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS calling Via Script

Hello All, Could you please help me if i am doing anything wrong in below script, especially the sqlplus part performance wise or anything else i could improvise in the script. Thank you. #!/bin/ksh ## Batch Obj Id MP_BCH_OBJ_ID=$1 PASS=$2 partition=$3 ## script dir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
6 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)