Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX mkdvd mkcd mksysb from file fails Post 302306969 by bakunin on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 09:54:15 AM
Old 04-14-2009
Could you please try to format your posts to achieve some readability? And could you please phrase your question in a coherent sentence instead of lumping together some screen-output without so much formatting as some line breaks to structure it and leave it to us to figure out what belongs what?

While i believe you might have a valid question up to now your posts are close to spam because of the way they are presented and i am quite disinclined in trying to understand much less answering a question so poorly presented.

(and, btw.: there is a "code"-tag for screen output)

Thanks for your consideration.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file <filename> fails

Hi Friends I tried to find the file type of a file on my linux machine by using the following command file xy.txt instead of getting the file type i got following message file: couldnot found any magic files! What is wrong on this how can i find the file type? Regards Shekar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingskar
2 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb file packing

Hi, I have a tape made with mksysb on an AIX machine that will not restore, the system is dead to the point of needing an op sys reload. I am trying to restore some critical data files and can read the tape image with dd on another system (SCO). I have worked out the file headers enough to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
0 Replies

3. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb file image

Hello, I have an mksysb image in my disk, created like: # mksysb -i /mnt/backup/lpar2.image I want to know if this image could be copied to a tape and make it a boot image. Thanks Enzote (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
3 Replies

5. AIX

Mksysb mkdvd rootvg > 6gb

Hello, Just wondering if I don't have tape drive or NIM server then what are the possible ways to make mksysb ? My DVD-RAM has only 4GB capacity where as my rootvg is more than 6GB anythoughts ? POSTSCRIPT: SEE HERE FOR THE SOLUTION:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mkcd and mkdvd errors

Hi all, i use both mkcd and mkdvd for making bootable images of aix 5.3 servers i have. They have dvd reader but no writer. I have the following questions/errors: 1. When the process of mkcd/mkdvd is running and i have 61510 of 61510 files (100%) 0512-038 mksysb: Backup Completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stetsip
1 Replies

8. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies

9. AIX

Restore file from mksysb file

Hello, I have a mksysb backup OS image. I can restore the file from there, but the issue is the restored file include the whole path :confused: listvgbackup -f /backup/xxx/mksysb.xxx.20190316 -r -s -d /home/aaa/ ./home/bbb/nohup.out I plan to restore nohup.out from /home/bbb/nohup.out to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies

10. AIX

Mkdvd mksysb

hello How can I know which files did not get backuped Command: OK stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. Initializing mkcd log: /var/adm/ras/mkcd.log... Verifying command parameters... Creating image.data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)