Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86 Post 302306911 by jayaprakash on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 08:06:21 AM
Old 04-14-2009
MySQL Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for not being there for these days.

I got connected to the internet.Iam able to browse it now.

I have configured all the configuration files which is necessary for the Internet connection ,but the mistake i made is the
/etc/hostname.<interfacename>.

Instead of /etc/hostname.rtls0 i have done wrongly as /etc/hostname.lo0.

But still the GUI interface shows as lo0 (at the bottom right hand corner -Network icon)

But while rebooting the machine, interface name shows as rtls0.

Really i dont understand what is happening here on X86 Solaris version-5.10

But finally i got it, using the interface name rtls0.

Thanks Incredible for your interest,

Regards,
N.Jayaprakash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Broadband connection (BSNL& AIRTEL)

Dear Friends, Kindly help me to connect Broadband connection in my Solaris 10 OS. I have heard that i have to write a script. Waiting for solution......... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpauldani
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

5. Solaris

connect to internet on solaris 9

how to configure to connect to internet on solaris 9 ? please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to link x86 Solaris 10 system to the Internet?

Hi, I have an x86 Solaris system linked on the network at work. We have DSL, and all the Windows PC's on this network can access the Internet with no problems. On my x86 Solaris, I am trying to use commands such as "wget" to access to the outside world, and it's not working. How do I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie09
6 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection)

Hi, I have a wired internet connection of hathway provider. I would like to use the connection on my desktop as well as my laptop. My desktop pc has windows 7 and yesterday I installed slackware 14.1 (full installation) on my lenovo 3000 n100 laptop. Previously I had slacko puppy 5.7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinakbheed
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)