Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: where to submit my work?
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements where to submit my work? Post 302306904 by pludi on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 07:43:16 AM
Old 04-14-2009
If you've implemented new features for the bash shell, contact it's maintainer (the name and website should be noted somewhere in the code). Tell him about your features and if he thinks they'll be useful (after all, he's the person responsible for the code). If so, create a patch set against the most current version and send it to him.

What would be interesting to me (and probably others) is how you modified a C program using Java and Shell Programming. I know that C compilers can bootstrap themselves, but for a shell that's a new thing. And you can't really expect an installed Java runtime (especially not on servers).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to submit cron jobs?

How can I write a script to submit a perl script as a cron job but only have it execute once? After it has executed once, I would like it to automatically insert itself again into cron. I want to avoid the situation where I schedule a cron job to run once a day, but end up with multiple... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot submit a background job

Hi all, I am currently facing a problem when i am submitting a script to run in the background to collect statistics round the clock on an AIX box. I don't have root authority nor can I set it in cron. So when i submit the job, it runs fine, but won't let me signoff. It prompts me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

cant submit anything

hello admins, i dont use unix.com very often - but when i do have questions, i submit them at the site - but now I cannot submit anything in any forum on the site. The is the only forum i could add a new thread. its tells me that my account could be de-righted, or that im tring to submit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Help with Form Submit

Hi, I have a custom HTML form that has a couple radio buttons and a text field that requires a number. I'm not a php programmer and could use some help with putting together php code to calculate a total based on the radio button selection and the text field number. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nck
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Submit using curl

I'm trying to upload a file to a page using curl and after uploading that file i want to store the redirecting page so i can download the results. I'm using the command: curl "http://apps.gdgps.net/kag_upload.php?kag_type=static&kag_frequency=dual&kag_latency=accurate&... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
8 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where to submit my scripts

have a doubt. Where I can submit shell scripts done by me ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to submit several commands together

Dear all, I have a simple question. I have many cut commands like below to run. I am wondering how to just type and submit all the commands at once and then each of the command will be run automaticaly one by one. Thanks a lot! cut -d ' ' -f 3-2002 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't submit a form.

hello my script is submitting POST-data to a site (its not my first script, i've done these before many times (include parsing scripts) but this one is tough) so the problem is i'm submitting a form with firefox and in firebug i see WHAT exactly i'm submitting then when i do EXACTLY the... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SGE submit script

Hi, I'm trying to edit my working bash script to an SGE script in order to submit it as a job to the cluster. Currently I have: #!/bin/bash # Perform fastqc on files in a specified directory. for ((j=1; j <=17; j++)) do directory=/data4/una/batch"$j"/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: una1992
0 Replies
libglpk-java(3) 					       libglpk-java overview						   libglpk-java(3)

NAME
libglpk-java - GNU Linear Programming Kit Java Binding DESCRIPTION
The GNU Linear Programming Kit (GLPK) package supplies a solver for large scale linear programming (LP) and mixed integer programming (MIP). The GLPK project is hosted at http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk. It has two mailing lists: - help-glpk@gnu.org and - bug-glpk@gnu.org. To subscribe to one of these lists, please, send an empty mail with a Subject: header line of just "subscribe" to the list. GLPK provides a library written in C and a standalone solver. The source code provided at ftp://gnu.ftp.org/gnu/glpk/ contains the docu- mentation of the library in file doc/glpk.pdf. The Java platform provides the Java Native Interface (JNI) to integrate non-Java language libraries into Java applications. Project GLPK for Java delivers a Java Binding for GLPK. It is hosted at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net/. To report problems and suggestions concerning GLPK for Java, please, send an email to the author at xypron.glpk@gmx.de. ARCHITECTURE
A GLPK for Java application will consist of the following - the GLPK library - the GLPK for Java JNI library - the GLPK for Java class library - the application code. GLPK LIBRARY
The GLPK library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribution. Precompiled packages are available in many Linux distributions. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/lib/libglpk.so. The library has to be in the search path for binaries. GLPK FOR JAVA JNI LIBRARY
The GLPK for Java JNI library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribu- tion. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/lib/jni/libglpk-java.so. The library has to be in the search path for binaries. Specify the library path upon invocation of the application, e.g. java -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/libjni GLPK FOR JAVA CLASS LIBRARY
The source code to compile the GLPK for Java class library is provided at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net. The GLPK for Java class library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribu- tion. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/share/java/glpk-java.jar. The library has to be in the CLASSPATH. Specify the classpath upon invocation of the application, e.g. java -classpath /usr/local/share/java/glpk-java.jar;. SEE ALSO
Further documentation and examples can be found in the documentation path, which defaults to /usr/local/share/doc/libglpk-java. version 1.0.18 September 10th, 2011 libglpk-java(3)