Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX mkdvd mkcd mksysb from file fails Post 302306863 by filosophizer on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 04:09:41 AM
Old 04-14-2009
When I make a new/fresh backup to DVD using mkdvd it works but when i try to specify the image file it doesn't work.

Anyone facing the same problem ?

Initializing mkcd log: /var/adm/ras/mkcd.log...Verifying command parameters...
0512-325 mkcd: The user supplied mksysb image: /db2/SPR/log_dir/image.data/is not a valid mksysb image

Not a VALID MKSYSB IMAGE ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file <filename> fails

Hi Friends I tried to find the file type of a file on my linux machine by using the following command file xy.txt instead of getting the file type i got following message file: couldnot found any magic files! What is wrong on this how can i find the file type? Regards Shekar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingskar
2 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb file packing

Hi, I have a tape made with mksysb on an AIX machine that will not restore, the system is dead to the point of needing an op sys reload. I am trying to restore some critical data files and can read the tape image with dd on another system (SCO). I have worked out the file headers enough to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ovingtond
0 Replies

3. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb file image

Hello, I have an mksysb image in my disk, created like: # mksysb -i /mnt/backup/lpar2.image I want to know if this image could be copied to a tape and make it a boot image. Thanks Enzote (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
3 Replies

5. AIX

Mksysb mkdvd rootvg > 6gb

Hello, Just wondering if I don't have tape drive or NIM server then what are the possible ways to make mksysb ? My DVD-RAM has only 4GB capacity where as my rootvg is more than 6GB anythoughts ? POSTSCRIPT: SEE HERE FOR THE SOLUTION:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mkcd and mkdvd errors

Hi all, i use both mkcd and mkdvd for making bootable images of aix 5.3 servers i have. They have dvd reader but no writer. I have the following questions/errors: 1. When the process of mkcd/mkdvd is running and i have 61510 of 61510 files (100%) 0512-038 mksysb: Backup Completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stetsip
1 Replies

8. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies

9. AIX

Restore file from mksysb file

Hello, I have a mksysb backup OS image. I can restore the file from there, but the issue is the restored file include the whole path :confused: listvgbackup -f /backup/xxx/mksysb.xxx.20190316 -r -s -d /home/aaa/ ./home/bbb/nohup.out I plan to restore nohup.out from /home/bbb/nohup.out to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies

10. AIX

Mkdvd mksysb

hello How can I know which files did not get backuped Command: OK stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. Initializing mkcd log: /var/adm/ras/mkcd.log... Verifying command parameters... Creating image.data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
image(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands							  image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
image - Create and manipulate images SYNOPSIS
image option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image command is used to create, delete, and query images. It can take several different forms, depending on the option argument. The legal forms are: image create type ?name? ?option value ...? Creates a new image and a command with the same name and returns its name. type specifies the type of the image, which must be one of the types currently defined (e.g., bitmap). name specifies the name for the image; if it is omitted then Tk picks a name of the form imagex, where x is an integer. There may be any number of option-value pairs, which provide configuration options for the new image. The legal set of options is defined separately for each image type; see below for details on the options for built-in image types. If an image already exists by the given name then it is replaced with the new image and any instances of that image will redisplay with the new contents. It is important to note that the image command will silently overwrite any procedure that may cur- rently be defined by the given name, so choose the name wisely. It is recommended to use a separate namespace for image names (e.g., ::img::logo, ::img::large). image delete ?name name ...? Deletes each of the named images and returns an empty string. If there are instances of the images displayed in widgets, the images will not actually be deleted until all of the instances are released. However, the association between the instances and the image manager will be dropped. Existing instances will retain their sizes but redisplay as empty areas. If a deleted image is recreated with another call to image create, the existing instances will use the new image. image height name Returns a decimal string giving the height of image name in pixels. image inuse name Returns a boolean value indicating whether or not the image given by name is in use by any widgets. image names Returns a list containing the names of all existing images. image type name Returns the type of image name (the value of the type argument to image create when the image was created). image types Returns a list whose elements are all of the valid image types (i.e., all of the values that may be supplied for the type argument to image create). image width name Returns a decimal string giving the width of image name in pixels. Additional operations (e.g. writing the image to a file) may be available as subcommands of the image instance command. See the manual page for the particular image type for details. BUILT-IN IMAGE TYPES The following image types are defined by Tk so they will be available in any Tk application. Individual applications or extensions may define additional types. bitmap Each pixel in the image displays a foreground color, a background color, or nothing. See the bitmap manual entry for more informa- tion. photo Displays a variety of full-color images, using dithering to approximate colors on displays with limited color capabilities. See the photo manual entry for more information. SEE ALSO
bitmap(n), options(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
height, image, types of images, width Tk 4.0 image(n)