Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirecting output of a command to a file Post 302306744 by Franklin52 on Monday 13th of April 2009 04:45:54 PM
Old 04-13-2009
Try this:

Code:
command >> $(date '+%d%m%y').log1

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output file to a different server.

Hi, I hope this is problem makes sense and that someone can offer some advice. Basically i have a perl script which accesses a database and outputs the information to a file. Is it possible to use a 'system' command to embeb some Unix command which moves that file to another directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormrider
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting <talk> output to a file

Is it possible to run <talk> such that both sides of the conversation are written to the screen and also to a file? I use the utility to chat with collaborators and sometimes it would be nice to have a record of our conversation while we are problem solving. I am running OS X, so <talk>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cej
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem redirecting output of command to variable

Hi. I'm a newbie in scripting and i have this problem: i want to use the 'fuser' command on a file to tell if it's being accessed (for my purposes: still being written). I want to save the output of the command and later compare with the 'not being used' result. the script: #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nunovc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output as well as commands

I have a Bourne Shell script that is normally run as a background job and redirects it's output to a file internally (using exec >>); I use "set -x" to capture each command which provides me with a nice shell execution log if it all goes to pieces. I now also need to be able to also run this as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AncientCoder
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, Below is the whole string which is to be redirected to the new file. su - oracle -c "exp $user/$pass file=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.dmp log=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.log tables=table1,table2 statistics=none" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output to a file in a shell script

Hello All, I have some unique requirement. I have written a very lengthy script which calls number of resource script to execute a particular task. What I want is output of each command(called from main script and resource scripts) should go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies

8. Linux

RHEL 6.3 - chage command not redirecting the output to console.

When i am issuing chage command, it reporting the output properly. But when i redirect the output, i am not getting the output in the mentioned path. chage -l root >> /tmp/chage.txt. I need to use this into the script to capture the data. I think its seems to be bug with RHEL 6.3. Same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini.rk1983
3 Replies

9. Programming

Redirecting output to new file for command "perldoc perllocal"

Hi, I have to redirect output of the command "perldoc perllocal" to new file which contains all the perl module installed. Currently using perldoc perllocal >> mod_data This does not contain all perl modules installed locally on machine, and each character is doubled. Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, I have created script which redirect the output to file.I am able to get the output in file but not in the format. Output :Content of the log which have 10 -15 lines. Actal :Line1 ..Line 2Line3 Line4 Line 5 Expected:Line1 Line 2 Line3 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik771
7 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
iso8601 command [output modifier] DESCRIPTION
iso8601 - Display and parse ISO8601 dates and times OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Commands: -n, --now Display the current date/time -d, --date=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time. Eg. '2005-01-20 00:30:00 +01:00' or '2005-040' -p, --period=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time with interval/period (wth start time). Eg. '2005-040/2005-043' -D, --duration=value Parse an ISO8601 date/time with duration (wth start time). Eg. '2005-040/P1M' Output Modifiers: -L, --local Show result as a 'local' date/time -O, --ordinal Show result as an 'ordinal' date/time -W, --week Show result as an 'calendar week' date/time For more information on the ISO8601 standard, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)