Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sudo apt-get install build-essential not working Post 302306355 by glen.barber on Sunday 12th of April 2009 12:18:27 PM
Old 04-12-2009
Your 'apt' database could be out of date -- run:

Code:
sudo aptitude update; sudo aptitude install build-e[tab][tab]

Note: Reason for the [tab][tab] is because I *think* it is build-essentials, however I am not 100% certain.

Last edited by glen.barber; 04-12-2009 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Added 'Note'
This User Gave Thanks to glen.barber For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get update not working

Hi all, Till now i was able to do apt-get update. but today i started to the following error: # apt-get update E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such file or directory) E: Unable to lock the list directory # Could any one let me know how to solve it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

2. Debian

Safe to uninstall with apt-get install?

Yesterday I incidently called apt-get with an ending "-". I noticed that I got promped if I wanted to remove the file. My question is if it's safe. I've never heard of anyone doing it so I just wanted to know. Syntax: 161659/home/riwa# apt-get install links2- Reading Package Lists... Done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install

When I use apt-get install command, for example samba install, does that command then invokes search of entire disk to find samba packet or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Essential packeages to install VNC from SOLARIS COMPANION CD

Hi all....!!! Can someone tell the essential packages need to install VNC from soalris 10 companion cd...? I think there are three packages are essential. (SFWvnc, SFWgcmn, .....) Please help me.. thank you.. Rgd... Leshan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leshan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt-get install error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

apt-get install giving error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message of sudo apt-get

Hi, I am using ubuntu 12.04 and every time I installed new program or do: sudo apt-get install -f I get the following mesage: Download done. sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall sudo apt-get?

I am using ubuntu11.10 and i was trying to do the update to 12.04, i found a post suggesting to use to solve part of the problem: sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-keyring sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install ubuntu-keyringI ran the first command but not able to run the second or any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS_NA
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo apt-get update fail: Malformed line 59

I am trying to update/add a repository. Whenever I try to do a sudo apt-get update I get the message: E: Malformed line 59 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse) E: The list of sources could not be read. and when I do: gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list I see... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayak
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install --purge

Hello, i would like to know what is the use of that command apt-get install --purgeI understand the use of --purge while using with remove parameter, but i don't get it when it's about installing. Enlight me please ! Thx ---------- Post updated 09-03-16 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
0 Replies
XmTabList(library call) 												   XmTabList(library call)

NAME
XmTabList -- Data type for a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList DESCRIPTION
XmTabList is the data type for a tab list. A tab list consists of tab stop list entries (XmTabs). Whenever a tab component is encountered while an XmString is being rendered, the origin of the next X draw depends on the next XmTab. If a tab stop would cause text to overlap, the x position for the segment is reset to follow immediately after the end of the previous segment. Tab lists are specified in resource files with the following syntax: resource_spec: tab WHITESPACE [, WHITESPACE tab ]* The resource value string consists of one or more tabs separated by commas. Each tab identifies the value of the tab, the unit type, and whether the offset is relative or absolute. For example: tab := float [ WHITESPACE units ] float := [ sign ] [[ DIGIT]*. ]DIGIT+ sign := + where the presence or absence of sign indicates, respectively, a relative offset or an absolute offset. Note that negative tab values are not allowed. units indicates the unitType to use as described in the XmConvertUnits reference page. For example, the following specifies a tab list consisting of a one inch absolute tab followed by a one inch relative tab: *tabList: 1in, +1in For resources of type, dimension, or position, you can specify units as described in the XmNunitType resource of the XmGadget, XmManager, or XmPrimitive reference page. RELATED
Refer to the Motif Programmer's Guide for more information about tabs and tab lists. XmTabListCopy(3), XmTabListFree(3), XmTabListGet- Tab(3), XmTabListInsertTabs(3), XmTabListRemoveTabs(3), XmTabListReplacePositions(3), and XmTabListTabCount(3). XmTabList(library call)