Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 8 SPARC edition problem jumbled text at install Post 302306302 by garethmob on Sunday 12th of April 2009 08:49:28 AM
Old 04-12-2009
hey. well i sorted the jumbled text now (had to download the new version of ubuntu. now i have another problem its saying that it can not find the cdrom drive (even though the disk is booting from that said drive) it asks me to find the drive with a floopy driver (which it does not have) or find it in the hash (dont know the key combo on a mac) ls dev command line

any ideas are greatful Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to find the anecdotes, ubuntu christian edition

There are such funny moments as: documents are saved by the grace through faith there are no daemons in xubuntu command chmod 666 is disabled (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
SDL_CDOpen(3)							 SDL API Reference						     SDL_CDOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_CDOpen - Opens a CD-ROM drive for access. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_CD *SDL_CDOpen(int drive); DESCRIPTION
Opens a CD-ROM drive for access. It returns a SDL_CD structure on success, or NULL if the drive was invalid or busy. This newly opened CD- ROM becomes the default CD used when other CD functions are passed a NULL CD-ROM handle. Drives are numbered starting with 0. Drive 0 is the system default CD-ROM. EXAMPLES
SDL_CD *cdrom; int cur_track; int min, sec, frame; SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_CDROM); atexit(SDL_Quit); /* Check for CD drives */ if(!SDL_CDNumDrives()){ /* None found */ fprintf(stderr, "No CDROM devices available "); exit(-1); } /* Open the default drive */ cdrom=SDL_CDOpen(0); /* Did if open? Check if cdrom is NULL */ if(!cdrom){ fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't open drive: %s ", SDL_GetError()); exit(-1); } /* Print Volume info */ printf("Name: %s ", SDL_CDName(0)); printf("Tracks: %d ", cdrom->numtracks); for(cur_track=0;cur_track < cdrom->numtracks; cur_track++){ FRAMES_TO_MSF(cdrom->track[cur_track].length, &min, &sec, &frame); printf(" Track %d: Length %d:%d ", cur_track, min, sec); } SDL_CDClose(cdrom); SEE ALSO
SDL_CD, SDL_CDtrack, SDL_CDClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDOpen(3)