Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix version/type
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix version/type Post 302306290 by pludi on Sunday 12th of April 2009 07:41:50 AM
Old 04-12-2009
  1. This thread is 3 years old
  2. Linux uname does tell you the OS you're running (Linux) but not what distribution. different Distribution != different OS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

OS Type and Version

I have seen quite a few posts recently which have launched into questions about specfic errors whose resolution depends a lot upon the OS type and version. I suggest that in the FAQ an additional entry be included, either under general board usage or posting threads, that informs the user to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

3. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

4. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system?

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system? Are there a single command or environment variable that can let me find that out? Best regards, John Chan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX kernel type?

Hai guys,This is my first question. What type of UNIX kernel is? (W.K.T linux kernel is monolithic) Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aesgs
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check which type of storage is used in unix?

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (22 Replies)
22 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Type of UNIX applications

Hello, We are planning a migration from UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) to Linux on AZURE. I know it sounds like extremely complicated :( That's why we need your help :) We are at the beggining of stage. We need to categorize the types of applications (software) that generally runs on UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anton.robidson
3 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Unix - Return generic Unix filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version() Return the version of the (sub)module. readFsTab This method provides the capability to parse a standard unix fstab file. It expects following arguments: fstabPath Full qualified path to the fstab file to read. fstabKeys The column names for the fstab file through an array reference. special_fs Hash reference containing the names of all special file systems having a true value as key. This method return true in case the specified file could be opened for reading, false otherwise. readMntTab This method provides the capability to read abd parse a standard unix mount-tab file. The file is locked using flock after opening it. It expects following arguments: mnttabPath Full qualified path to the mnttab file to read. mnttabKeys The column names for the mnttab file through an array reference. $special_fs Hash reference containing the names of all special file systems having a true value as key. This method return true in case the specified file could be opened for reading and locked, false otherwise. readMounts This method is called to parse the information got from "mount" system command. It expects following arguments: mount_rx Regular expression to extract the information from each mount line. pridx Array reference containing the index for primary keys of interest in match in following order: device, mount_point, type. keys Array reference of the columns of the match - in order of paranteses in regular expression. special Array reference containing the names of the special file system types. lines Array containing the lines to parse. readSwap This method is called to parse the information from the swap status. It expects following arguments: swap_rx Regular expression to extract the information from each swap status line. This regular expression should have exact one pair of parantheses to identify the swap device. lines Array containing the lines to parse. VERSION
$Id: Unix.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2008-2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)