Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern Matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern Matching Post 302306289 by Aveltium on Sunday 12th of April 2009 07:39:03 AM
Old 04-12-2009
Thank you. I was searching a while actually. But seems like no one talks about this. Is it too simple or something?

And why is that "homework" thing is such big deal anyways? If I say it's not a homework and I want to ask just simply because I don't know how to do it and I need some help, then it's not a homework. But I'm not gonna lie, it's my homework, a part of my project.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Matching

Hi Folks, I have the following requirement: I have a file that is containing numerous queries. The tables name mentioned in the queries are in the following format : SchemaName.Tablename. e.g COPDB.TableName. I need to take out all the COPDB.TableName pattern and write it to a different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv_Pat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching

Hi Folks, I have the following requirement: I have a file that is containing numerous queries. The tables name mentioned in the queries are in the following format : SchemaName.Tablename. e.g COPDB.TableName. I need to take out all the COPDB.TableName pattern and write it to a different... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv_Pat
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - matching pattern one but not pattern two

All, I have the following file: -------------------------------------- # # /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services # # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files, # and should contain a list of modules that define the services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertBerrie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find pattern suffix matching pattern

Hi, I am trying to get a result out of this but fails please help. Have two files /tmp/1 & /tmp/hosts. /tmp/1 IP=123.456.789.01 WAS_HOSTNAME=abcdefgh.was.tb.dsdc /tmp/hosts 123.456.789.01 I want this result in /tmp/hosts if hostname is already there dont want duplicate entry. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
queue-repair(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   queue-repair(8)

NAME
queue-repair - deal with the qmail queue directory structure SYNOPSIS
queue-repair [ -htrcbn ] [ -n split ] [ conf-qmail ] DESCRIPTION
queue-repair deals with the qmail queue structure; it can create a new queue, move and properly rename a queue, dynamically change the conf-split value, convert big-todo queues to non-big-todo and vice versa, and repair a corrupted queue. conf-qmail defaults to /var/lib/qmail/ on Debian. OPTIONS
-h|--help Display usage information and built-in defaults, then exit. -t|--test Run in test-only mode. queue-repair will attempt to report all problems that it finds, without correcting them. This is the default. -r|--repair Run in repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, except if the basic queue directories (queue, queue/mess, queue/info, etc) are not found. -c|--create Run in create-and-repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, including creation of a new queue structure from scratch. -s|--split split Specify split as the value of conf-split. This is the number of split subdirectories for those queue directories which are hashed. The default for qmail is 23. Appropriate values depend on the volume of mail handled, OS filesystem efficiency, and other factors, but this should always be a prime number. If you do not specify conf-split, queue-repair will attempt to determine the current value from the existing queue. This option can be used, however, to change the conf-split value of an existing queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the new value). When creating a new queue, this option must always be specified. -b|--bigtoto Use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a non-big-todo queue to a big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --no-bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --no-bigtodo must always be specified. -n|--no-bigtodo Do not use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a big-todo queue to a non big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with- out the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --bigtodo must always be specified. --i-want-a-broken-conf-split Force the use of a non-prime value for conf-split. SEE ALSO
qmail(7) queue-repair(8)