Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Post Your Favorite Joke! Laugh a Little! Post 302306245 by bakunin on Saturday 11th of April 2009 11:06:15 PM
Old 04-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Two engineers were riding in a hot air balloon. They were blown off course and were completely lost. They finally saw a guy on the ground and they shouted "Can you tell us where we are?" After a few minutes, the guy yelled back "You're up in a balloon." One engineer said to the other, "Just our luck to run into a mathematician". The other engineer responded, "How do you know he was a mathematician?" "Well, in the first place he took a long time to answer; second, his answer was 100% correct; and third, it was totally useless."
This one has actually a continuation:

The guy on earth heard that exchange and yelled back:
"You sure are managers, aren't you?"
"Yes, we are managers. How did you know?"
"Well, first you use a device you are not qualified to operate, then you become completely lost and finally, somehow this is my fault now."

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

This will make you laugh.

Some of you may have seen this on other websites. But if you havnt this is great. It could actually be one of you here. Being in the IT Industry I have seen it ALMOST to this extent. The Website is Down!!! My Networks Down - FIX IT! :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Post Your Favorite FireFox Add-Ons Here

In an earlier poll I was a bit surprised to learn that FireFox was so popular, over 95% have voted for FireFox to date. So, let's take a little time and please list your favorite, most useful, FireFox add-ons (with links to the add-on) and add a few words on how often and how useful do you find... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
17 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Contagious Laugh

If you watch this and dont laugh, something is very wrong with you. Contagious Laugh .:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny - Had to laugh

Guys, This is funny. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jralph2005/bart.png jaysunn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is it a joke or a command?

Hello, I have found some commands in a forum under "top ten unix commands" topic and I'd like to ask: what does below command do: Could it really be a command or a joke? :(){ :|:& };: Thanks Boris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
ROBOTS(6)							   Games Manual 							 ROBOTS(6)

NAME
robots - fight off villainous robots SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/robots [ -sjta ] [ scorefile ] DESCRIPTION
Robots pits you against evil robots, who are trying to kill you (which is why they are evil). Fortunately for you, even though they are evil, they are not very bright and have a habit of bumping into each other, thus destroying themselves. In order to survive, you must get them to kill each other off, since you have no offensive weaponry. Since you are stuck without offensive weaponry, you are endowed with one piece of defensive weaponry: a teleportation device. When two ro- bots run into each other or a junk pile, they die. If a robot runs into you, you die. When a robot dies, you get 10 points, and when all the robots die, you start on the next field. This keeps up until they finally get you. Robots are represented on the screen by a `+', the junk heaps from their collisions by a `*', and you (the good guy) by a `@'. The commands are: h move one square left l move one square right k move one square up j move one square down y move one square up and left u move one square up and right b move one square down and left n move one square down and right . (also space) do nothing for one turn HJKLBNYU run as far as possible in the given direction > do nothing for as long as possible t teleport to a random location w wait until you die or they all do q quit ^L redraw the screen All commands can be preceded by a count. If you use the `w' command and survive to the next level, you will get a bonus of 10% for each robot which died after you decided to wait. If you die, however, you get nothing. For all other commands, the program will save you from typos by stopping short of being eaten. How- ever, with `w' you take the risk of dying by miscalculation. Only five scores are allowed per user on the score file. If you make it into the score file, you will be shown the list at the end of the game. If an alternate score file is specified, that will be used instead of the standard file for scores. The options are -s Don't play, just show the score file -j Jump, i.e., when you run, don't show any intermediate positions; only show things at the end. This is useful on slow terminals. -t Teleport automatically when you have no other option. This is a little disconcerting until you get used to it, and then it is very nice. -a Advance into the higher levels directly, skipping the lower, easier levels. AUTHOR
Ken Arnold FILES
/usr/games/lib/robots_roll the score file BUGS
Bugs? You crazy, man?!? 4.3 Berkeley Distribution May 20, 1985 ROBOTS(6)