Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX Post 302306230 by Cesar Delgado on Saturday 11th of April 2009 06:49:05 PM
Old 04-11-2009
Hi

Depending on the version of your HP-UX server you won't need to install SDD software layer. HP-UX 11.31 has their own driver for several SAN implementations including IBM SVC. We have implemented a full SAP on HP-UX 11.31 enviroment and are using plain HP-UX to config all LUNs using what HP call Agile view (very similar to the IBM AIX concept of a single hdiskNN device) instead of the traditional device numbering concept used in older versions of HP-UX.

But if you cannot use latest versions of HP-UX you will need to install appropiate SDD software version from IBM Web Site. I would install latest available maintenance levels for HP-UX as well as FC adapters microcode of needed.

IBM - Subsystem Device Driver for HP-UX

Hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

IBM SDD on Sun

I just installed IBMsddsun64_........... on my sun server. I untarred it (tar xvf) & I tried to install the paxkage. When I did pkgadd -d ./IBMsdd..... I get a message Error, no packages were found. Any idea Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

3. AIX

SDD SDDPCM MPIO lspath Jargon

Can anyone recommend me some reading material surrounding how AIX handles LUNs: - with and without MPIO installed - with and without SDD or SDDPCM installed Where does lspath sit in all of this (MPIO layer?). Can a system be built with just MPIO software? Is MPIO software even needed? I guess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

IBM SDD driver

I was wondering if there is a way of auto-detecting a new vpath, using IBM's SDD driver, on a Linux platform. ON AIX it is a simple as running cfgmgr. Alan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM?

Hi folks. We want to move a "physical" AIX box to a VIOed LPAR. The physical box is running SDD with disks from a DS8300. I want to be able to reattach those LUNs from the DS8300 to my VIO server which is running SDDPCM and then assigned them back to my AIX LPAR. Any thoughts about this? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX SDD

I have sdd driver installed correctly but when I run the command: datapath query adapter No device file found what does it mean.. it is not using vpath or whats wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

9. AIX

hdisk status in sdd volume groups

hi all we recently upgraded our san switches. after that, i found i got many hdisks showing in lsdev with status "Defined" and "Available". the number of "Defined" is equal to "Available". the time stamp shows all "Available" disks created at our downtime night. "datapath query device"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

10. AIX

Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO

This is getting very confusing for me, and appreciate if someone can help. Platform: Power VM ( Virtual I/O Server) ioslevel 2.1.3.10-FP23 # oslevel -s 6100-05-00-0000 Storage: IBM DS4300 Two HBAs - Dual Port Fibre Adapter Channels Each card has two ports , so a total of 4 ports going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
IPRINIT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							IPRINIT(8)

NAME
iprinit - IBM Power RAID adapter/device initialization utility SYNOPSIS
iprinit iprinit --debug --daemon --use-polling --use-uevents DESCRIPTION
iprinit is used to setup IBM Power RAID adapters and devices for optimal performance. It will enable U320 scsi speeds if it is determined the disk enclosure supports it. It will also enable tagged command queuing. Any scsi bus attributes, such as bus width, or disk attributes, such as queue depth, that have been setup by iprconfig will be loaded as well. It is desired that this be called in the boot process, using the init.d script provided. OPTIONS
--version Print the version number of iprinit --debug Enable additional error logging. Enabling this will result in additional errors logging to /var/log/messages. --daemon Run as a daemon to handle adapters and devices being hotplugged. --use-polling Do not use netlink/uevent notification, but rather poll for adapter and device configuration changes. --use-uevents Use netlink/uevent notification rather than polling for adapter and device configuration changes. If not specified, polling will be used until the first uevent notification appears, then netlink will be used. AUTHOR
Brian King (brking@us.ibm.com) February 2005 IPRINIT(8)