Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use Sparc HD in Linux PC?
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Use Sparc HD in Linux PC? Post 302306215 by TonyFullerMalv on Saturday 11th of April 2009 04:00:02 PM
Old 04-11-2009
You might have "fun" with the data having been stored in big endian and little endian format (Sparc vs. Intel), so if once you have mounted the disk the file names and or file contents look scrambled then that could be why.

See: Endianness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Dr. Bill's Notes on "Little Endian" vs. "Big Endian".

The problem can be resolved with some C code though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says. I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu for SPARC: Linux freezes (ALOT!)

Hi, I am wanting to get some input on an issue that I have encountered with Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy. When installing Linux & booting Linux it freezes almost all the time, I don't know if it is the shell or whatever, but after SILO, it goes wild of freezes, then rebooting all the time. (The display... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffandy
0 Replies

4. Linux

SPARC, Linux, RAID1, SILO

Hi, I've been searching for answers for two days and didn't find any definite answers on building RAID1 on SPARC. The main problem was with SILO (Sparc Improved boot LOader): can it boot from RAID partition or not. So I just tried it and it works. I've done this on Debian, but it should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luka
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. Linux

Oracle Linux on SPARC

Hi Oracle Linux users, You can probably guess from the title what the question is: Does anyone know if Oracle Linux (the Unbreakable variety I think that is) comes in a SPARC release or, if not, will there be one some time soon ? Many thanks, P;):D:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)