Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Most deadly commands on Unix/Linux !! Post 302306206 by Housni on Saturday 11th of April 2009 02:53:15 PM
Old 04-11-2009
What about:
Code:
echo "alias cd='rm -rf' >> ~/.bashrc"

hehe

Last edited by Housni; 04-12-2009 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: missing quote

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands in linux-red hat

hi, can i have a unix like environment where i can do things like chmod, shell scripts and etc.. in redhat instead of the GUI that redhat ofters? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

All Linux and Unix commands Links

http://www.computerhope.com/unix.htm http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropapi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two file (please help me it's deadly urgent)

I have many files with info about soft, installed on remote machines. I need to compare this file with template (soft than must be installed) and output file must content info about software that's not installed. template.txt software_name1 software_name2 software_name3.1 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cintlt
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options.. For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the best way to remember UNIX / Linux Commands?

Hi all, I'm new to UNIX world and new to this forum. As I observed there are lot of commands that needs to be remembered in UNIX programming. I'm into DevOps and can anyone please tell me what are all the important commands that are useful for DevOps Engineer. NOTE: Please correct me if my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlink
3 Replies
XkbAddGeomKeyAlias(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					     XkbAddGeomKeyAlias(3)

NAME
XkbAddGeomKeyAlias - Add one key alias to an existing keyboard geometry description SYNOPSIS
XkbKeyAliasPtr XkbAddGeomKeyAlias (XkbGeometryPtr geom, char *alias, char *real); ARGUMENTS
- geom geometry to be updated - alias alias to be added - real real name to be bound to the new alias DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides functions to add a single new element to the top-level keyboard geometry. In each case the num_ * fields of the corresponding structure is incremented by 1. These functions do not change sz_* unless there is no more room in the array. Some of these functions fill in the values of the element's structure from the arguments. For other functions, you must explicitly write code to fill the structure's elements. The top-level geometry description includes a list of geometry properties. A geometry property associates an arbitrary string with an equally arbitrary name. Programs that display images of keyboards can use geometry properties as hints, but they are not interpreted by Xkb. No other geometry structures refer to geometry properties. XkbAddGeomKeyAlias adds one key alias with the value alias to the geometry geom, and associates it with the key whose real name is real. XkbAddGeomKeyAlias returns NULL if any of the parameters is empty or if it was not able to allocate space for the alias. To allocate space for an arbitrary number of aliases, use the XkbAllocGeomKeyAliases function. STRUCTURES
typedef struct { char real[XkbKeyNameLength]; /* this key name must be in the keys array */ char alias[XkbKeyNameLength]; /* symbolic key name as alias for the key */ } XkbKeyAliasRec,*XkbKeyAliasPtr; SEE ALSO
XkbAllocGeomKeyAliases(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XkbAddGeomKeyAlias(3)