Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace text in a file with text entered Post 302306166 by vgersh99 on Saturday 11th of April 2009 10:54:01 AM
Old 04-11-2009
Code:
sed -e "s/smtpDestination:=.*/smtpDestination:=localhost:25/" alex.cfg > alex2.cfg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace the text between two lines with different text

I have a file which contains the following data. Parameters "CParameters" BEGIN DSSUBRECORD Name "TgtDB" Prompt "TgtDB" Default "edwdev" ParamType "0" ParamLength "0" ParamScale "0" END DSSUBRECORD MetaBag... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find text but replace a text beside it

I have an html file that looks like this (this is just a part of the html file): <td colspan="3" rowspan="1" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(<!-- IDENTIFIER1 -->51, 255, 51);"><small><!-- IDENTIFIER2 -->UP</small></td> This is to automatically update the status of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Question marks appearing instead of text entered

I have a netscape 4.79 browser for our GUI which connects to a Solaris5.8 box. During peek hours, we see question marks appearing in the screen instead of the text we enter. This results in query failure. This problem does not happen always, and is quite irritating because, we have to close the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanz
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether the entered text is file or not

how to check that the "file path" entered by the user has the valid file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept command line argument as character or text if number is entered?

Hello Does the unix korn shell provide a function to convert number entered in command line argument to text or Character so that in next step i will convert Chr to Hex (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadityapatel198
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in a file

I wrote a program using Perl to find and replace a text within a file. The text that needs to be replaced in the file is 'sql7.0.1' with 'sqls715'. When I execute my program I get an error message: Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $filename =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
innoextract(1)						      General Commands Manual						    innoextract(1)

NAME
innoextract - tool to extract installers created by Inno Setup SYNOPSIS
innoextract [-behlLqstv] [-ccolor] [-pprogress] installers ... DESCRIPTION
innoextract is a tool that can extract installer executables created by Inno Setup. innoextract will extract files from a installers specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part installer with external data files, only the executable (.exe) file needs to be given as an argument to innoex- tract. OPTIONS
-c --color [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable color output accord- ingly. Pass 1 or true to --color to force color output. Pass 0 or false to never output color codes. --dump Don't convert Windows paths to UNIX paths and don't substitute variables in paths. -e --extract Extract all files to the current directory. This is the default action. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -h --help Show a list of the supported options. --language [lang] Extract only language-independent files and files for the given language. By default all files are extracted. --license Show license information. -l --list List files contained in the installer but don't extract anything. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -L --lowercase Convert filenames stored in the installer to lower-case before extracting. -p --progress [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable progress bar output accordingly. Pass 1 or true to --progress to force progress bar output. Pass 0 or false to never show a progress bar. -q --quiet Less verbose output. -s --silent Don't output anything except errors and warnings. -t --test Test archive integrity but don't write any output files. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -v --version Show the innoextract version number and supported Inno Setup versions. LIMITATIONS
innoextract currently only supports extracting all the data. There is no support for extracting individual files, components or languages. Included scripts and checks are not executed. Data is always extracted to the current directory and the mapping from Inno Setup variables like the application directory to subdirecto- ries is hard-coded. innoextract does not check if an installer includes multiple files with the same name and will continually overwrite the destination file when extracting. Names for data files in multi-file installers must follow the standard naming scheme. Encrypted installers are not supported. SEE ALSO
cabextract(1), unshield(1) BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Daniel Scharrer (daniel@constexpr.org) 1.2 2012-04-01 innoextract(1)